Beiträge von Noneatme

I've tried as you suggested, but the same error message occurs. That doesn't surprised me, because I think I've tried that already some days ago. Yes, I'm trying to figure out this error since 2 DAYS ALREADY and I'm really upset.
    I believe something is preventing the mounting of the device to that mountpoint. I don't know if omv is doing something in the background when plugging the device in, maybe ghost-mounting or something? I don't know.
    I don't know where to start and I don't know where to look because I have absolutely no idea what might causes this issue. I've tried almost everything! Using custom udev rules, mounting with read-only, mounting with different options.

It works when I mount the device by hand using $ mount /dev/sdc1 /media/usb1.
    So I really don't know what the hell these packages and automount tools (e.g. usbmount) are doing is doing in order to screw the mountpoint up that much.

/Edit:
    The USB Drive I want to mount:

Code
    Disk /dev/sdd: 58.9 GiB, 63216549888 bytes, 123469824 sectors
    Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
    Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
    I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
    Disklabel type: dos
    Disk identifier: 0x00c558b0

Device     Boot Start       End   Sectors  Size Id Type
    /dev/sdd1  *     2048 123469823 123467776 58.9G  7 HPFS/NTFS/exFAT

Also a side note:
    I can use fusermount -u usb0 to fix the broken mount point. But then, the mount point is gone. E.g. endless symlink referring usb0 => usb0

Hello everyone,

I'm writing here because I do not know what to do anymore.
    I've read through various forums, blogs, tutorials and how-to's about how to configure various packages for auto-mounting and auto-unmounting USB devices (hot-plugging and hot-unplugging.)

Methods I've tried so far:
    1. AutoFS
    2. usbmount
    3. /etc/fstab systemd automount
    4. udev rules, in fact, all of this

I've configured each method accordingly, and with every method I'm running into the same problem.
    Now I un-did all the above methods and decided I will got with usbmount. I've edited the configuration file according to this thread.
    When mounted, the mount point looks like this:

When I try to access the mounted partition on usb or usb0, I'm getting the following error message:

I've read here, here and here that it is / was a fuse issue - but I still got the issue with any NTFS drive. I have fuse 2.8.3 installed.

Do I have to update some packages? If yes, how?

Thanks for any help!

- Noneatme

Which distribution did you use? I see only Fedora, Ubuntu, CentOS? Most likely Ubuntu, because it´s Debian-based.
    There are other posts here which recommend to use a Docker image as a further opportunity.

I used the Ubuntu package. In my case, most prerequisites were already installed, so I think it should work out of the box on your machine too.
    But of course, you can also use a Docker image.

It shows now a capacitiy of 2,7 TB and that's correct because I removed the jumper.

Sadly, there is no partition on the HDD anymore
    I'm currently running testdisk to scan the partitions I can recover. There was a huge amount of sensible data on it

Edit: Are you sure I don't overwrite the existing (lost) filesystem when I use "create.."?

Edit2: SMART displays 3 TB now...

Code
    LU WWN Device Id: 5 0014ee 20c759184
    Firmware Version: 82.00A82
    User Capacity:    3,000,591,900,160 bytes [3.00 TB]

But seriously, why is this even a thing if you place a jumper on your motherboard that partitions just "dissapear"? Who is in charge of this?

Hello everybody, I need some help with 2 problems.

I have currently 3 disks installed:

SSD 1: 32 GB SanDisk SSD (Boot device) SanDisk SDSSDRC032G
    HDD 2: 232 GB SAMSUNG HDD (Very old drive) SAMSUNG SP2514N
    HDD 3: 3000 GB WD RED (not even a month old) WDC WD30EFRX-68EUZN0

During the installation process of OMV, disk 3 was missing because I put the disk into the NAS some days ago.
    I would like to keep the NAS running 24/7 so I removed the 232 GB Samsung HDD because it's not very safe to run this disk 24/7.
    After I did that, OVM found only the boot filesystem.

So the first question, how can I mount the existing filesystem located on the 3TB WD Red?

And the second issue: OMV shows me the wrong capacity of the WD disk. It should be around 2,7 TB, not 1,82.
    (Might be a partition issue?)

SMART output:

output of mount:

/etc/fstab:

Thanks for help, I really don't know what to do at the moment.