Beiträge von iansari

I have a Cyberpower CP1000PFCLCD UPS that is linked to my OMV box. I would like to have my system run a script when shutting down due to a power outage or UPS low battery. The main purpose of the script would be to execute a few additional commands to turn off other machines that are also powered by the UPS but not connected directly to it.

I initially tried setting this up by installing a CyberPower provided UPS linux utility (pwrstat) which does allow you to configure a set of commands that can automatically run when the system is shutting down due while on battery backup. However the utility is unable to communicate with the UPS.

The NUT client on the other hand works perfect. So assuming I stick with NUT, how do I configure the system to run some logic on power failure. Do I put a little script in rc0.d that tests certain parameters from the output of 'upsc ups' or is there a simpler / more elegant way to do things?

i am trying to do exactly the same thing myself with the same model of UPS (must be popular). I installed the CyberPower UPS linux utility (pwrstat) which does allow you to configure a set of commands to execute when the system is shutting down due to power failure. However the utility is unable to communicate with the UPS.

The NUT client on the other hand works perfect. So assuming I stick with NUT, how do I configure the system to call a command that only executes when the system is shutting down due to power failure (i.e on battery). Do I put a little script in rc0.d that tests certain parameters from the output of 'upsc ups' (which does spits back some useful data)? or is there a simpler / more elegant way to do things?

I am having issues getting rsync to run from the OpenMediaVault GUI even though it works without a hitch through the command line. The intent is to syncrhonize (pull) a directory residing on a remote machine on to one of my OMV drives. The errors when running an rsync job configured through the UI is below. I know I can always put the command line in a crontab as a workaround. However do want to understand why the one through the UI is failing.

Error Running rsync from OpenMedia GUI:

Zitat

rsync: Failed to exec rbose: No such file or directory (2)
    rsync error: error in IPC code (code 14) at pipe.c(84) [Receiver=3.0.9]
    rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [Receiver]
    rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(605) [Receiver=3.0.9]

rsync runs successfully from command line:

Thx. I did try running the apt-get -f install right after the "dpkg -i openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all.deb".

That only results in apt-get asking to remove OMV extras:

root@Tower:/tmp# apt-get -f install
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Correcting dependencies... Done
    The following packages will be REMOVED:
    openmediavault-omvextrasorg
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    1 not fully installed or removed.
    After this operation, 729 kB disk space will be freed.
    Do you want to continue [Y/n]?

I also tried from the WebGUI. Same issue. the install fails with the following errors in the logs that pop up. Do i need to be using a different set of repositories? if so then how do i do that?

>>> *************** Error ***************

Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive; apt-get --yes --force-yes --fix-missing --allow-unauthenticated --reinstall install openmediavault-omvextrasorg 2>&1': Reading package lists...

Building dependency tree...

Reading state information...

Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have

requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable

distribution that some required packages have not yet been created

or been moved out of Incoming.

The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:

openmediavault-omvextrasorg : Depends: apt-transport-https but it is not going to be installed

E

:

Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

<<< *************************************

Having issues installing OMV-Extras. Need help. Lots of dependency issue. Not sure how to resolve. even an update of plugins from WebUI fails.

1. Tried the following things that all failed:

wget omv-extras.org/openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all.deb
    dpkg -i openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all.deb

Got the following Errors:

dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of openmediavault-omvextrasorg:

openmediavault-omvextrasorg depends on apt-transport-https; however:

Package apt-transport-https is not installed.

dpkg: error processing openmediavault-omvextrasorg (--install):

dependency problems - leaving unconfigured

Processing triggers for openmediavault ...

Restarting engine daemon ...

Errors were encountered while processing:

openmediavault-omvextrasorg

2. Tried installing apt-transport-https package and got the following errors:

root@Tower:/tmp# apt-get install libcurl3-gnutls-dev

Building dependency tree

Note, selecting 'libcurl4-gnutls-dev' instead of 'libcurl3-gnutls-dev'

You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:

3. Tried an apt-get -f install

root@Tower:/tmp# apt-get -f install

Building dependency tree

0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

4. Tried an apt-get update. Also failed

root@Tower:/tmp# apt-get update

Err ftp3.nrc.ca wheezy/main Sources

403 Forbidden

Err ftp3.nrc.ca wheezy/main amd64 Packages

403 Forbidden

Ign ftp3.nrc.ca wheezy/main Translation-en_CA

Ign ftp3.nrc.ca wheezy/main Translation-en

Err ftp3.nrc.ca wheezy-updates/main Sources

403 Forbidden

Err ftp3.nrc.ca wheezy-updates/contrib Sources

403 Forbidden

Err ftp3.nrc.ca wheezy-updates/non-free Sources

403 Forbidden

Err ftp3.nrc.ca wheezy-updates/main amd64 Packages

403 Forbidden

Err ftp3.nrc.ca wheezy-updates/contrib amd64 Packages

403 Forbidden

Err ftp3.nrc.ca wheezy-updates/non-free amd64 Packages

403 Forbidden

Ign ftp3.nrc.ca wheezy-updates/contrib Translation-en_CA

Ign ftp3.nrc.ca wheezy-updates/contrib Translation-en

Ign ftp3.nrc.ca wheezy-updates/main Translation-en_CA

Ign ftp3.nrc.ca wheezy-updates/main Translation-en

Ign ftp3.nrc.ca wheezy-updates/non-free Translation-en_CA

Ign ftp3.nrc.ca wheezy-updates/non-free Translation-en

Ign packages.openmediavault.org stoneburner/main Translation-en_CA

Ign packages.openmediavault.org stoneburner/main Translation-en

Ign packages.openmediavault.org stoneburner/partner Translation-en_CA

Ign packages.openmediavault.org stoneburner/partner Translation-en

W: Failed to fetch ftp3.nrc.ca/debian/dists/wheezy/main/source/Sources 403 Forbidden

W: Failed to fetch ftp3.nrc.ca/debian/dists/wheezy/main/binary-amd64/Packages 403 Forbidden

W: Failed to fetch ftp3.nrc.ca/debian/dists/wheezy-updates/main/source/Sources 403 Forbidden

W: Failed to fetch ftp3.nrc.ca/debian/dists/wheez…es/contrib/source/Sources 403 Forbidden

W: Failed to fetch ftp3.nrc.ca/debian/dists/wheez…s/non-free/source/Sources 403 Forbidden

W: Failed to fetch ftp3.nrc.ca/debian/dists/wheez…ain/binary-amd64/Packages 403 Forbidden

W: Failed to fetch ftp3.nrc.ca/debian/dists/wheez…rib/binary-amd64/Packages 403 Forbidden

W: Failed to fetch ftp3.nrc.ca/debian/dists/wheez…ree/binary-amd64/Packages 403 Forbidden

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

I am in the process of migrating my unraid setup to OMV. Have been an unRaid user for several months but OMV seems like a much cleaner approach. Love the UI and the fact that i have a full fledged linux install at my finger tips.

My unraid drives are configured with xfs filesystem and have lots of data on them already. Three, 1TB drives in total for now. Unfortunately for the life of me i cant get them to mount in OMV. OMV should be able to recognize the xfs filesystem but instead every attempt to mount from the WebUI presents the error below.

Does unRaid do anything special with the data drives that prevents them from mounting directly in OMV? Any guidance on how i can get around this issue?

Attempting a Mount from the WebUI:

Error #6000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to mount '1eeed9bc-ca15-4e2b-938f-1bb01ae107ab': mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sda1,
    missing codepage or helper program, or other error
    In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
    dmesg | tail or so
    ' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc:921
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt->mount(Array, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('mount', Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('FileSystemMgmt', 'mount', Array, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

OKHide details

Attempting a Mount from the Command Line:

root@Tower:/media# mount -a

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sda1,

dmesg | tail or so

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdd1,

dmesg | tail or so