Beiträge von spline

Hi Soma

thanks for your answer.

Difference between that guide (which is the one to follow) and....

You didn't provide a 2nd factor on the equation.

I meant: Does it make a difference if OMV is installed on a raspi or a "normal" PC. Or can i anyhow follow this Docker-guide?

As installation on RasPi seems to be a bit different as on a normal PC espacuilly the omv-extras (as far as i've seen in the tutorials)

Either you are using a translator and it doesn't make sense

OR

You are asking things that seem a bit off.

You are right. It's a bit off. I installed OMV and docker 4 times in thelast two days follwowing different tutorials which left me with a non-working docker system. So i want to avoid doing this a 5th time.

I've learned: Best is to follow a tutorial on the original site.

I know that PLEX is not the application with the smallest fingerprint. I used it for some years on a HP microserver. Let's see if performance works for me.

spline

Hi,

is there a difference in the installation process if OMV is installed on a raspi following this guide: https://wiki.omv-extras.org/do…omv6:raspberry_pi_install

After 4 unsecussfull / scrambled installation of OMV and docker i finally want PLEX to set up and running.

So i want to avoid following a tutorial which does not fit to my setup.

And: Who ever has written the tuturial for installing OMV on a raspi...... THANKS!!!!

Thanks an best regards

spline

Hi,
    thanks for the reply.

The reason ist quite simple. I have a running debian installation with some packages i want to keep. So, it's easier to install OMV on top instead of doig a clean installation and lots of configuration afterwards.
    Also, installation on the HP microserver is a little bit tricky if you don't want to waste a HDD for the OS but have as SSD attached. YOu have to copy GRUB and so.
    But maybe it's time for fresh intallation. Let's see. It's still in planng phase ;)

No desktop environment is installed.

Best regards,

Hi,

thanks for the fast reply.
    To be honest, i do not know much (or even less ;) ) about btrfs.
    I want a simple solution which is directly supported by a system (in this case OMV). Also, i want to have a chance to put the disc into another PC to try to rescue the date if the RAID fails.
    That's why i used greyhole for the last years. Simple, easy but not very elegant.

A backup is not necessary for all of the data on the drives. I want a RAID just in case one drive fails (which i allready had).
    Backup for the most important data is done with rdiff-backup on a RaspPi with some TByte HD.
    For the rest of the data (movies and stuff like this).... if they are gone, they are gone ;)
    I know a RAID is no replacement for a backup in case of deletion of data by accident. That's why i backup my important data onto the RasPi. If all my movies are gone because i delete them by accident, i will call myself "Stupid" and that's it. Bad luck, my fault!

Thanks and best regards,

Juergen

Ladies and gentlemen,

i have a HP microserver with 4 discs (2 x 4 TB, 2x 3 TB bit different manufactor (Seagate / WD) ) running on Debian and using greyhole for redundancy (kind of).
    System is running on a 60 GB SSD.
    Now, i want to migrate to OMV.

Question: I it possible to have 2 RAID 1 sets (both 4 TB discs in set one, both 3 TB discs in set 2) to have an overall space of 7 TB?

Thanks and best regards

Juergen

Hi WastlJ,

thanks for the fast reply.

So, i can safely delete the ACL-stuff?

To be honest: Didn't get yet, what's the ACL is all about. Never used it in "pure Linux" - and never mised it.

Thanks again

Juergen

Hi,

just one more (maybe stupid) question.

What does the "+" sign in "drwxrwsr-x+" mean?

Code
    ls -la
    insgesamt 28
    drwxrwsr-x  5 root users 4096 Jan 25 11:18 .
    drwxr-xr-x  5 root root  4096 Jan 24 21:18 ..
    drwxrwsr-x[b]+[/b] 3 root users 4096 Jan 25 11:14 Bilder

Thanks and best regards

Juergen

Hi subzero,

works!!!

Thanks a lot for this!!!!!

Might be that i have created this directory by hand yesterday. But not sure.

Ok, one more thing i have to take care ;)

Again: Thanks a lot for the help and best regards

Juergen

Hi,

Grüsse

Jürgen

Hi all,

i have some problems with creating a samba share which drives me nuts.

First of all: I'm new to OMV and in the past i just done everything on command line level under debian.

Ok, what have i done and what went wrong?

I creates a user called "jay".

I created a share called "Bilder" under /media/UUID/shares/Bilder

I went back to user->jay->privileges and gave this user read/write permission to Bilder.

Still, i'm not able to access the share from my win10 machine.
    I selected "connect with another account information" (in german "Verbindung mit anderen Anmeldeinformationen herstellen").

No success.

Please find below persmissions on file level

Any hints / tipps?

Thanks and best regards

Juergen