Beiträge von Tamas

Just for the records:

1. I removed all openmediavault plugin (apt-get --purge remove openmediavault-...)
    2. Removed the openmediavault itself
    3. Removed all of the PHP5 modules and PHP5 itself
    4. Removed Apache2
    5. shutdown -r now
    6. apt-get update & apt-get upgrade
    7. Install Apache2 (apt-get install apache2)
    8. Install PHP (apt-get install php5 php-pear)
    9. Install Openmediavault 2.x (first the keyring and then the OMV itself)
    10. omv-initsystem
    10. shutdown -r now
    11. WebGUI working! :) but avahi-daemon missing so...
    12. apt-get install avahi-daemon avahi-discover libnss-mdns
    13. last but not least: apt-get -f install (just for sure)
    14. shutdown -r now

and everything working as expected :)

That is why you should make backups (clonezilla or backup plugin) before making big changes like upgrades.

I have a backup but I'm afraid that it can be more time to put everything to the right place than install again.

About the upgrade: the story was started when the OMV fresh packages are not displayed. Just an error message "Fatal error.... Lang c" or similar... I edited the sources.list and in just one source line a wrote "stable" insted of "wheezy"... Then I can start the updates on the OMV Web GUI and I started... :S

So that's the case. But now I have to solve the situation. I will try it again on today evening.

I would reinstall. One of the php config files was probably overwritten and/or re-configured. Figuring out all of the files that changed would take more time and probably not be as successful as reinstalling.

Reinstall OMV? Or ny other components?

I tried to reinstall OMV in several times following these steps:
    apt-get clean
    apt-get update
    apt-get --reinstall install openmediavault

Maybe I missed something...

I accidentally upgraded my Debian Wheezy to Jessie. Than I made a downgrade following these steps.
    Everything seems worked fine and than I upgraded from OMV 1.9 to OMV 2.1.23.

Now I got the well known error :( :

Error #7001:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc:135
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(72): OMVRpc::exec('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcproxy.inc(125): OMVRpc::exec('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(32): OMVJsonRpcProxy->handle()
    #6 {main}

I looked through all of the related threads but have no luck.

My installed OMV plugins:
    root@eldanor002:~# dpkg -l | grep openmedia
    ii openmediavault 2.1.23 all Open network attached storage solution
    ii openmediavault-keyring 0.4 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    rc openmediavault-minidlna 1.1 all OpenMediaVault miniDLNA (DLNA server) plugin
    rc openmediavault-plexmediaserver 1.0.12 all OpenMediaVault Plex Media Server plugin

When I run omv-engined -f -d
    root@eldanor002:~# omv-engined -f -d
    PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function setproctitle() in /usr/sbin/omv-engined on line 296

I do not undertand the error since proctitle was installed. And I'm not using PHP5.5...
    root@eldanor002:~# dpkg -l | grep php
    ii php-json-schema 0.2.0 all PHP implementation of JSON schema
    ii php-pear 5.4.45-0+deb7u2 all PEAR - PHP Extension and Application Repository
    ii php5 5.4.45-0+deb7u2 all server-side, HTML-embedded scripting language (metapackage)
    ii php5-cgi 5.4.45-0+deb7u2 amd64 server-side, HTML-embedded scripting language (CGI binary)
    ii php5-cli 5.4.45-0+deb7u2 amd64 command-line interpreter for the php5 scripting language
    ii php5-common 5.4.45-0+deb7u2 amd64 Common files for packages built from the php5 source
    ii php5-dev 5.4.45-0+deb7u2 amd64 Files for PHP5 module development
    ii php5-fpm 5.4.45-0+deb7u2 amd64 server-side, HTML-embedded scripting language (FPM-CGI binary)
    rc php5-json 1.3.6-1 amd64 JSON module for php5
    ii php5-pam 1.0.3-2 amd64 pam module for PHP 5
    ii php5-proctitle 0.1.2-2 amd64 proctitle module for PHP 5

It is very strange... So I stucked and my OMV is not working, I can not login to the web gui. If anyone can help me I would very appreciate!

Thanks in advance.