Beiträge von drrochet

Thank you for the direction with addressing point 3. I don't know how to begin with point 1 (again, not even newb). I was able to get it formatted, established users, given permissions, etc. Is there a way to be able to access the shared folders on the drive through the Finder GUI or is only using Terminal? I have SSH, NFS and FTP protocols all enabled. I am able to "see" the drive using FileZilla (FTP) as well as the server command on OS X but am unable to read or write to the drive. I have checked permissions and home folders, shared folders... everything should be open for access and writing. Is there a log file for me to produce that might give some better insight into what may or may not be setup properly. Thanks in advance.

So I managed to find a thread made by Stefan Seidle(???) found here (http://stefanseidel.info/OpenMediaVault) that helped me gain access to a dead Iomega 1TB Home NAS - Cloud Edition HDD. Using the web interface, I am able to see the drive and it is currently mounted. It is using OMV version 0.3.0.20. My questions are thus:

• is there a way to update the OMV version to the latest version using a plug and play USB?
    • how do I access the drive, and the information on it from OS X? (I can't seem to map it)
    • how do I format the drive and make it accessible for usage?

I am a fetus at this so thank you ahead of time for extending grace for my ignorance... and if I am way over my head with this please let me know as well. Thanks!

Romar