Beiträge von 4928

Zitat

Using UUID makes it easy to change drive slots for example. You can swap the drives as you like without any problems. Why do you mind? Just create a symlink if you need an easier way.

Using UUID's eat's up valuable address-space. During transfer of old data on the newly created OMV-box, I ran into path-length problems (again) It's a real pane in the a.. trying to convince users to let loose of some of the elaborate ways in wich they sub-dir/name their project archives. I had those discusions in the past and now I am facing them again I guess.

Hi everybody,

new user and already the first question. I've installed OMV on a stick to power my new NAS and first thing that caught my attention is the way OMV mounts disks, using disk UID.
    Is that supposed to happen, and more importantly why?
    Repeated the installation: first a Debian bare-system on HD (debian has the additional disks mounted correctly - translating uid in label names). Then apt-get OMV and to my surprise OMV has disabled the label-mounting and again replaced them with UID's as label. What the f.... That's definitely not what the whole UID idea was supposed to be used for.
    Any thoughts?

Cheers