Beiträge von crandallbk

Soma, you are awesome! As per your instructions above, I removed the container, created a calibre directory and a docker-compose.yml in that directory as the 1002 user (docker1). Here is my docker-compose.yml file:

---

version: "2.1"

services:

calibre:

image: ghcr.io/linuxserver/calibre

container_name: calibre

environment:

- PUID=1002

- PGID=100

- TZ=America/Denver

volumes:

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-extra/docs/Ebooks-all:/config

ports:

- 8083:8080

- 8081:8081

restart: unless-stopped

Note for anyone using this as a reference, indentations are crucial in the yaml file, unfortunately, they are stripped out in this post. For correct indentations, refer to the docker-compose section of https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-calibre. Also, as per the same instructions, the image is at ghcr.io/linuxserver/calibre. Refer to the github site for the correct/updated path if the above doesn't work for you.

Then I ran the two steps you instructed to pull the image down and then start it:

docker-compose pull calibre

docker-compose up -d calibre

Another key note as per this calibre image: This image will create a "Calibre Library" directory in the volume you list in your compose file. I found that after renaming my directory to Calibre_Library only to find it created a new "Calibre Library" directory. I then removed the calibre container, renamed my directory back to "Calibre Library" and then recreated the container. It found my existing database automatically, and everything came up clean.

Thank you for the instruction, Soma. You are a good teacher! I hope this helps others with similar struggles. :thumbup:

Hi Soma,

Sure:

---

version: "2.1"

services:

calibre:

image: linuxserver/calibre

container_name: calibre

environment:

- PUID=1002

- PGID=100

- TZ=America/Denver

volumes:

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-extra/docs/Ebooks-all:/config

ports:

- 8083:8080

- 8081:8081

restart: unless-stopped

I had to use ports 8083 and 8081 as the incoming ports, since 8080 and 8081 were in use by other containers, which is similar to the following instructions. This is done as a "stack". I followed the example found here:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Also found at https://dbtechreviews.com/2020…alibre-on-omv-and-docker/

I installed this almost a year ago, and it has worked well until the last week or two.

My OMV install was done via the openmediavault_5.x.x-amd64.iso (Debian V10 - Buster) on my ASrock J5005-ITX

Linux openmv.local 5.10.0-0.bpo.5-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.24-1~bpo10+1 (2021-03-29) x86_64 GNU/Linux

Even in the above instructions, the library Welcome Wizard should come up as "/config/Calibre Library", as it did when I installed almost a year ago. Now, for some reason, the wizard comes up as "/root" by default, and I have to change it each time....but it doesn't stay past the next restart.

My library is in "/srv/dev-disk-by-label-extra/docs/Ebooks-all/Calibre Library", which is the seen as "/config/Calibre Library" in the container.

I hope that helps. Thanks!

Hi all,

I have been running calibre in a container on OMV successfully for quite some time. Recently, each time I restart the container, whether reboot or via Portainer, the calibre-web gui always comes up with the "calibre Welcome wizard" where I have to "Choose a location for my books..." with "/root" as the default choice. I change the location to "/config/Calibre Library", then Calibre finds my library and all is good ... until the next restart, when I have to go through the same exercise.

I tried setting LIBRARYINTERNALPATH="Calibre Library" in the env variables for the container, but that didn't help. I didn't expect that to help, since "Calibre Library" was the default when installed.

I am running:

OMV 5.6.5-1

Portainer 2.1.1

Calibre 5.17. (appears to have been updated on April 30)

Any ideas? Thanks much!

Looks like that worked. Thanks for your info. I see that has the mii module in the kernel now tied to r8169, whereas with the 3.2 kernel, it was just r8169 (no mii module). Is it the mii that fixed the hanging, or something else? Again, thanks! You solved a lot of guesswork and time for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

All,

Similar to other threads, I am experiencing the blank WebUI, but this time it is from installing the Realtek r8168 driver when trying to solve the large file copy/network hang, also similar to other threads here. After digging through all related threads, I am not resolving the problem.

To aid in troubleshooting, this is an ASrock N3160 board, a fresh install of openmediavault updated to 2.2.9 stoneburner, with only omv-extras and clonezilla loaded (so I can refresh after I try various scenarios to solve this)

Each time I load the driver to solve the network hanging problem, the webgui is blank. I have verified nginx is running on port 80, no apache2 is installed, the sites-available and sites-enabled directories don't change and are correct. I have also refreshed my cache, and the IP of OMV hasn't changed.

I have fought this for a couple days with no success. Ideas? Thanks all.