Beiträge von bigdaddyjsb

Upgrade from 3 to 4...

I kept getting punted into emergency mode... after a few apt-get dist-upgrades, I eventually got to boot, but the system restarted on its own

Now I am in Emergency Mode... It keeps wanting me to fix dpkg with dpkg --configure -a

However, when I do that, all I see is that the xrdp service fails to start. xrdp.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=1
    etc...

I tried to remove remotedesktop using apt-get remove --purge openmediavault-remotedesktop but only get a notice telling me dpkg is corrupt and to use dpkg --configure -a to fix it... loop rinse and repeat.

What can I do?

I am sure this is not the correct thread for this.... but I've seen a number of references to people running version 3 already. Is this stable? I have only ever seen postings of its Beta release.

Perhaps a general update status on 3.0?

So, I uninstalled Docker. Then OMV-Extras went down. I noticed that I am getting an update for Docker even though I uninstalled it.

However, now I am getting this error:

###
    sudo apt-get install docker-engine
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Recommended packages:
    cgroupfs-mount cgroup-lite
    The following packages will be upgraded:
    docker-engine
    1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
    1 not fully installed or removed.
    Need to get 0 B/28.1 MB of archives.
    After this operation, 116 kB of additional disk space will be used.
    Selecting previously unselected package docker-engine.
    (Reading database ... 45723 files and directories currently installed.)
    Preparing to replace docker-engine 1.12.0-0~wheezy (using .../docker-engine_1.12.1-0~wheezy_amd64.deb) ...
    Stopping Docker: dockerstart-stop-daemon: warning: failed to kill 6472: No such process
    No process in pidfile '/var/run/docker-ssd.pid' found running; none killed.
    invoke-rc.d: initscript docker, action "stop" failed.
    dpkg: warning: subprocess old pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
    dpkg: trying script from the new package instead ...
    Stopping Docker: dockerstart-stop-daemon: warning: failed to kill 6472: No such process
    No process in pidfile '/var/run/docker-ssd.pid' found running; none killed.
    invoke-rc.d: initscript docker, action "stop" failed.
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/docker-engine_1.12.1-0~wheezy_amd64.deb (--unpack):
    subprocess new pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
    dpkg: error while cleaning up:
    subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    /var/cache/apt/archives/docker-engine_1.12.1-0~wheezy_amd64.deb
    Creating index of upgradeable packages ...
    Creating index of openmediavault plugins ...
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    ###

I have tried to --purge and remove docker-engine, but get the same E: Sub-process error...

How can I repair apt-get so that I can remove docker???

:?:

Hey all, just wondering if anyone here has updated to the latest Plex version and if they can post the steps? The steps above are great, but the version is older. I am trying to fix a problem with Plex Sync, which does not seem to work on the current plugin version. I don't mind manually updating, if a new version exists.

On a side note, is it worth just waiting for OMV3 at this point and the new plugin?

Hi all. I am having a similar problem.

I installed and setup an array using mhddfs. Everything was fine until the system had a hard reset. Since then filesystem has this N/A listing and the mhddfs array was not acccessable. I have removed the union filesystems plugin, but now getting an error in the gui console every time it refreshes : "No filesystem backend exists for 'mhddfs'

How can I fix this and remove the N/A error listing in File Systems.

I have uploaded my support log s6bthwGZ

Thanks!

Any suggestion for the best CLI command to copy and overwrite the data from the greyhole drives back to the USB?

I was going to use cp -avr /media/storage1 /media/usb

Then do the same for storage2

***BUMP***

Anyone have a solution to this? I searched around but cannot find a way, beyond just copying everything to nicely move everything back to the external USB drive and start again.

I setup greyhole and now want to undo what I did. I had a USB drive with 1.1tb of videos and 3 internal drives which were assigned to Greyhole. I then told greyhole that I wanted to duplicate 2 copies of the SMB share on the USB drive, this quickly filled up the internal drives, and reduced the size of the USB drive by about 500gb. I would like to undo this. How can I restore all the files to the USB drive and clean the internal drives, without losing any data?

Hi All,

I am not sure what I might have done wrong. Suddenly, I cannot ping the outside network from OMV. It will ping the internal network and gateway just fine, but will not ping 8.8.8.8 or anything else outside.

Can someone give me an idea how to troubleshoot? Here is some info I can get now:

eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:24:8c:3e:6a:06
    inet addr:192.168.1.73 Bcast:192.168.1.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
    UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
    RX packets:80835998 errors:1623 dropped:4 overruns:1623 frame:0
    TX packets:39492039 errors:0 dropped:316 overruns:0 carrier:0
    collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
    RX bytes:115108757333 (107.2 GiB) TX bytes:8374831856 (7.7 GiB)
    Interrupt:41 Base address:0xe000

lo Link encap:Local Loopback
    inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
    inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
    UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
    RX packets:838920 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
    TX packets:838920 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
    collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
    RX bytes:243298073 (232.0 MiB) TX bytes:243298073 (232.0 MiB)

resolv.conf:

nameserver 8.8.8.8
    nameserver 8.8.4.4

Interfaces:

auto eth0
    allow-hotplug eth0
    iface eth0 inet static
    address 192.168.1.73
    gateway 192.168.1.1
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    dns-nameservers 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4 192.168.1.1
    iface eth0 inet6 manual
    pre-down ip -6 addr flush dev $IFACE

Also, I tried to issue "service networking restart" but I get:

Running /etc/init.d/networking restart is deprecated because it may not re-enable some interfaces ... (warning).
    Reconfiguring network interfaces...RTNETLINK answers: File exists
    Failed to bring up eth0.
    RTNETLINK answers: File exists
    Failed to bring up eth0.
    done. :?:

Solved. I am not sure how or why, but after 2 restarts, and setting a static IP using OMV-Firstaid, followed by another restart, all seems to be running smooth and stable.

I'm not sure why it was not stable using the IP assigned by DHCP.

Sorry wan't sure what the timeline for replies looked like.

OMV is installed on a 750gb SATA drive.

I am new to OMV, just trying to figure out how to troubleshoot it. The network seems to be setup correctly, but OMV-Firtaid gives me a socket error when I try to make it static. I am not sure if this is related to the nginx problem.

I am also getting emails from the system log:

Connection failed Service nginx Date: Mon, 09 May 2016 10:40:15 Action: restart Host: BraverCloud.braverman.net Description: failed protocol test [HTTP] at INET[127.0.0.1:80] via TCP -- HTTP: Error receiving data -- Resource temporarily unavailableYour faithful employee,Monit

Connection succeeded Service nginx Date: Mon, 09 May 2016 10:42:30 Action: alert Host: BraverCloud.braverman.net Description: connection succeeded to INET[127.0.0.1:80] via TCPYour faithful employee,Monit

Why would it lose its connection (this is happening often)