Posts by KingB

Since the plugin is not ready for use in 3.x I currently using a small script i made. Had no time to make it use the key input as a variable and unlock all disks, so i have to past the key 3 times with right click after copy from my keepass password manager.

#!/bin/bash -e

service plexmediaserver stop
    sudo cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sda mnt
    sudo cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sdb mnt2
    sudo cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sdc mnt3
    sudo mdadm --assemble -scan
    service plexmediaserver restart
    service plexpy restart

Works perfectly for me with plex and plexpy.

I might try dpkg -i with the plexserver and then manually restart it and then install the plexplugin?

Does not work... getting the following error on web GUI:

Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory

Fehler #0:
    exception 'OMV\Rpc\Exception' with message 'Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:138
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Apt', 'update', NULL, Array, 3)
    #1 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #2 {main}

Plugin install from command line with .deb package fails as well..

I will go to bed now..maybe i will do a clean reinstall of OMV ...

The one in OMV-Extras section, nothing else. Wrong?

If I disable that, I can't install the Plugin again, as the System can not find it.

Okay will do it.
    I did that already, but maybe you changes something on the repo side?

Got this from the Logfile anyway:

ERROR - [Transcoder] Unrecognized option 'crf:0'.
    Jul 04, 2016 23:41:02.993 [0x7f3167fff700] ? - [Transcoder] Error splitting the argument list: Option not found
    Jul 04, 2016 23:41:02.993 [0x7f3164fff700] ERROR - Failed to start session successfully.
    Jul 04, 2016 23:41:02.993 [0x7f3164fff700] DEBUG - Streaming Resource: Terminating session 0x7f3165c0f9e0:2boywh9qe0h87aiy2v7qveu3di with reason Video conversion failed. The transcoder crashed or failed to start up.
    Jul 04, 2016 23:41:02.993 [0x7f3170bff700] ERROR - JobManager: child process returned: 1 (Operation not permitted)

EDIT: It still installs plexmediaserver (0.9.16.6.1993-5089475)..is that correct?

The Plex Server? I tried it with the WebGUI and on/off and also with service plexmediaserver restart on commandline.

Did not work somehow for me. Movies still did not play. I updated the extension, restarted plexmediaserver. Even restarted the Server.

Then i installed the plexmediaserver_1.0.0.2261-a17e99e_amd64.deb manually, reinstalled plugin, purged both the plugin and the plexmediaserver.

Now i reinstalled plexmediaserver_0.9.16.6.1993-5089475_amd64 again and it works fine. So i still cant update to latest Server Version.

I guess I did something wrong. Any suggestions?

I have no Codecs Folder in there....
    Mine is under /media/UUID/plexmediaserver/Plex Media Server/Codecs

i tried the same thing with that path and the command, did not work.
    will stay on 0.16 for now.

The problem with the latest Plex Pass version is not a rights/permissions issue. It is that they put codecs in a folder that the plugin mounts on the data drive which is mounted noexec. There are reasons for the noexec mount. I don't know why they put these codecs where they did. It would have been much more logical if they were where somewhere in the /usr/lib/plexmediaserver folder.

BTW, I noticed some other things that are messed up with chown lately on the Debian package that Yakumo (aka moxy) is doing for us.

Okay, so can you show me the commands you used to get it working?

something like:
    ln -s /media/UUID/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Codecs/ /root/plex/codecs/

?

I guess to remove the noexec option in fstab is not a good idea?

Had the same Issue with 0.9.17.xxx and had to revert to 0.9.16.x ...

Now i ran the update to Version 1.0.0.2261 but still same issue. Server Works and I can see all the Media, but it is not playing. Sad.

I think i have to revert.

Zitat von rabcor: „<a href="http://forums.openmediavault.org/index.php/User/5611-igrnt/">@igrnt</a> Perhaps a function could be implemented to the plugin to for example select and unlock more than one drive at once, trying the same passphrase for all selected drives?

Please open an issue for this feature request here: <a href="https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/openmediavault-luksencryption/issues" class="externalURL" rel="nofollow" target="_blank"></a>…

This would be a nice feature!

What about Support für Openmediavault 3.0.22? Could you do that? because i cant set it up with 3.0.13 anymore because the other plugins install 3.0.22 somehow. And i need your plugin to unlock the disks of my raid :-D

I hope you can do that sometime :-)

I just created a RAID 5 ontop of my 3 encrypted 3TB WD Red Drives.

It all went fine, deleted the disks, encrypted them, created RAID5 Storage Pool ontop of them. The Resync took 10 Hours.

I just created the Filesystem and it works.

But then i rebooted, unlocked all 3 disks...but i cant see any Raid in the Raid section and i cant mount the file system :-/. Any help ? Like "search for raid again" commandline stuff or maybe possible with GUI?

EDIT: mdadm --assemble --scan did the trick, sorry for post

Yes, of course automatic unlocking at boot with keyfiles will remain optional. I haven't worked on it for a little while, but the goal is to use USB storage, then you could remove the USB stick after booting. It's unlikely I will implement any kind of…

Thank you for working on that :-).

I understand the USB Stick thing, but my problem ist, that i have for example my plex server running. So i stream media from everywhere and most times i am not at home. If any error occurs or power loss, i can't get my server up and running without vpn or i open a port for ssh to internet.

Thats why i would like a lokal network solution. I want it in case my server gets stolen, the key is on another device. I think this could be secure way? like wget the key through LAN ftp after boot and unlock the device, mount them and then delete the file. Should be the same security as an usb stick, because my small odroid c2, where the key would be stored on, would be hidden well :-).

I hope you understand what i mean, because i would really like to have an automated unlock method :-)