Beiträge von peekaa

I'll just write a procedure my upgrade to omv7 via ssh/putty: The first bug at the beginning somehow went through, attachment. Then it ran for a long time, then it stopped on "removing obsolete config file...", attachment. Then I had to do a hard reboot, then reloaded putty and ran omv-upgrade. And then it ran about 10 minutes, then restarted. All ok, except for the web gui (Bad Gateway): I run in ssh: omv-salt stage run deploy, and now hopefully everything is ok.

Thank you for omv.

Same here. I have one hdd with LUKS2. And there was also too slow start with message "A start job is running"... So I add x-systemd.device-timeout=4ms to fstab:

defaults,nofail,user_xattr,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl,x-systemd.device-timeout=4ms

Another issue found when looking for solution: in crypttab there should be record about this disk, but its empty.

For the last couple of weeks my drives have not been waking up from their sleep. After some updates. I have omv 5.6., two HDDs.Autoshutdown puts the drives to sleep in the evening (Suspend), and in the morning when they don't connect after awaking server with wol command from my computer. I get these emails:

after reboot all is fine.

---------

[woodenbox] Monitoring alert -- Status failed mountpoint_srv_dev-disk-by-uuid-3fa12aae-eeac-4a5e-b93b-a72ae45c3930

The system monitoring needs your attention.

Host: \woodenbox

Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2021 03:43:47

Service: mountpoint_srv_dev-disk-by-uuid-3fa12aae-eeac-4a5e-b93b-a72ae45c3930

Event: Status failed

Description: status failed (1) -- /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-3fa12aae-eeac-4a5e-b93b-a72ae45c3930 is not a mountpoint

This triggered the monitoring system to: alert

---------------------

[woodenbox] Monitoring restart -- Does not exist filesystem_srv_dev-disk-by-uuid-3fa12aae-eeac-4a5e-b93b-a72ae45c3930

The system monitoring needs your attention.

Host: \woodenbox

Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2021 03:43:17

Service: filesystem_srv_dev-disk-by-uuid-3fa12aae-eeac-4a5e-b93b-a72ae45c3930

Event: Does not exist

Description: unable to read filesystem '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-3fa12aae-eeac-4a5e-b93b-a72ae45c3930' state

This triggered the monitoring system to: restart

---------------

Thanks for the advice.

After reboot I have this issue: [How-To] Fix full OS filesystem - GUI login loop. i do not have disks full:

This was helpfull https://pcmac.biz/openmediavault-5-login-loop-issue/, anyway after night I am were I was again: loop.

Code
    PRETTY_NAME="Armbian 20.11.3 Buster"
    NAME="Debian GNU/Linux"
    VERSION_ID="10"

odroid hc2, ff 78.6esr 64bit, gnome

/var/log/nginx/openmediavault-webgui_error.log is clear, omv-firstaid used, credentials 100% correct.

Thank you if you can help.

Applying "The configuration has been changed." is finishing with error, still:

DIsk /dev/disk/by-id/ata-SAMSUNG_HD103SJ_S246J9FZ803085-part3 is not there any more - it was formatted and now it is as /dev/sda1 in web management in Storage - Disks. How can I clear the "cache" or what it is in "applying" procedure. Thank you.

#odroid #freshinstall as in https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…lling_OMV5_on_Armbian.pdf.

After upgrade yesterdy I got mail from omv instalation:

Code
    The configuration has been changed. You must apply the changes in order for them to take effect.

The same is now in the web management. Where can I find what changes was made by upgrade? Is it safe to confirm or might be a attack or something from internet? Thank you.

Pls advice how to do this nicely in omv5: I have some strange network card so in omv4 i have to set the "flag" g (be able to wake after suspend by autoshutdown plugin) each time in interfaces:

Code
    iface eth0 inet dhcp
        pre-down ethtool -s $IFACE wol g
        up ethtool -s $IFACE wol g

It can not be done this way now for:

Code
    %
    # This file is auto-generated by openmediavault (https://www.openmediavault.org)
    # WARNING: Do not edit this file, your changes will get lost.
    # Use systemd-networkd to configure additional interface stanzas.

Thank you.