Posts by peekaa

Applying "The configuration has been changed." is finishing with error, still:

DIsk /dev/disk/by-id/ata-SAMSUNG_HD103SJ_S246J9FZ803085-part3 is not there any more - it was formatted and now it is as /dev/sda1 in web management in Storage - Disks. How can I clear the "cache" or what it is in "applying" procedure. Thank you.

#odroid #freshinstall as in https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…lling_OMV5_on_Armbian.pdf.

After upgrade yesterdy I got mail from omv instalation:

Code
    The configuration has been changed. You must apply the changes in order for them to take effect.

The same is now in the web management. Where can I find what changes was made by upgrade? Is it safe to confirm or might be a attack or something from internet? Thank you.

Pls advice how to do this nicely in omv5: I have some strange network card so in omv4 i have to set the "flag" g (be able to wake after suspend by autoshutdown plugin) each time in interfaces:

Code
    iface eth0 inet dhcp
    pre-down ethtool -s $IFACE wol g
    up ethtool -s $IFACE wol g

It can not be done this way now for:

Code
    %
    # This file is auto-generated by openmediavault (https://www.openmediavault.org)
    # WARNING: Do not edit this file, your changes will get lost.
    # Use systemd-networkd to configure additional interface stanzas.

Thank you.

Well there is one screen during install, where you can see parititon that are made automatically, and you can not change it. You see just something (can not remember), ext4 and swap. No sizes at all, no tool to change it. I might put this issue in another thread.

Thank you.

Default installation of omv creates on usb stick 16MB 3 partitions, one of them swap. It did not offer me to change it.
    Is it ok to have swap on usb disk? And how can I know there is 8gb ext4 partititon if there is no tools to check/change it?

Thank you.

I have only two sata slots and 2 disks. So i would need install omv on usb stick. Is there some recommendation what kind of usb stick to use, so it can last for years? Thank you. Or is there other way?

I am lazy man :-) How can I make my life easier, not to have to check each week this forum if new major upgrades is done? I do regurlaly omv-update over ssh on my server - is that enough? Will this batch catch new upgrade? Or would it be possible to get some mail when 5/6/7.... is ready? Or something else...? Thank you very much.

Sorry for being late. Yes, there were some viruses found by avast on another computer in my home network, hope its done. The log was old, so I do not find in www administration, but only with ssh login in old auth.log. Thank you.