Beiträge von rkrug

Hi

I want to install an imap server on openmediavault to use it as an alternative to local folders in different email clients and to put older emails in which I don't need that often but still want to keep.
    I have at the moment dovecot running on my laptop, but would like to move to a centralized solution so that it can be used by other family members as well.

Are there any suggestions, experiences on how to install an imap server on openmediavault? dovecot seems =quite easy to setup and use, but should I install it directly (a little bit reluctant to do this)? Or via Docker? Any suggestions for dovecot Docker images?

Thanks,

Rainer

Hi

I want to use the rsnapshot plugoin to make backups of data on a different computer. At the moment I have created a config file for rsnapshot manually and use

Code
    backup    root@lms.local:/media/Music

as the definition of the source. Than I call

Code
    rsnapshot -c /media/DataInteral/rsnapshot.conf/lms.conf monthly

in a Scheduled Job to execute the rsnapshot.

Is there a possibility to use the rsnapshot plugin to define a remote ssh source instead of a local shared folder? The remote-share plugin does not work - otherwise I could use that one.

Rainer

Hi

I started using the offlineimap plugin and it is quite nice to use - thanks.
    But I am missing additional configuration options, like number of connections, threads, ...

I could add tham manually to the configuration file, but I fear that they will be overwritten the next time I make changes in the web gui of offlineimap.

Is there a way of adding persistent config options to the offlineimap configuration (.offlineimaprc)?

Thanks,

Rainer

Zoki: not that I know of - at not easily.

But I found the following thread https://lists.samba.org/archiv…2014-December/187568.html which suggests use https://www.mankier.com/8/vfs_fruit and to add

Code
    vfs objects = catia fruit streams_xattr
    fruit:resource = file
    fruit:metadata = netatalk
    fruit:locking = netatalk
    fruit:encoding = native

to the share definition. I tried to add this to the share's config. I added these in the Additional Options box in the SMB/cifs share definition, but after h=that, I couldn't access the share anymore.

How can I use vfs_fruit in openmediavault?

Hi

I have a SMB share (which contains a file name with ü (Die Brücke). This folder is not visible when I mount the SMB share from OS X (El Capitan).

When ssh into the OMV server cd into the shared folder and execute

Bash
    $ ls -la
    drwxrwxr-x+  5 rainerkrug plex   4096 Apr  4 10:48 Die Bru??cke - Transit in den Tod

with ?? instead of the ü, but when

Bash
    $ ls -la | grep Br
    drwxrwxr-x+  5 rainerkrug plex   4096 Apr  4 10:48 Die Brücke - Transit in den Tod
    rainerkrug@mm-server:/media/Media/TVSeries$

My locales on the OMV are are set as follow:

The locale on the Mac (client) is:

Code
    $ locale
    LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_ALL="en_US.UTF-8"

Is this a problem of the client or the OMV server? How can I make the client see the folder?

Thanks,

Rainer

Hi

I want to use the rsnapshot plugin to create regular backups of my plex media server config files. I have created one share (PlexServer) which points to the directory of g=the configuration, and one (PlexServerBackup) into which I want to put the backups. But whenever I try to save the new backup job, I get the following error:

Code
    Error #3002:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to set configuration' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/rsnapshot.inc:220
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceRSnapshot->set(Array, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('set', Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('RSnapshot', 'set', Array, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

I get the same error message, when I use different source and target folder.

Any suggestion if this is something in my setup or a general problem?

Thanks,

Rainer

That looks fantastic - congratulations.

Does it still run? I would be interested in what you used to run your OMV system from - a partition of a hdd? Or a usb flash drive?

Because I am trying to set up OMV on a GoFlex Net as well.

Thanks,

Rainer

An easy (?) approach would be to be able to specify a script to be executed after mounting the drive. This would make it possible to just write the mounting and sharing in bash.

Thanks -

but the question is not how I can do that via ssh.

The question is if there is an OMV-way of doing it, so that the image gets mounted as soon as the drive containing the image is mounted nd no manual; action is required after re-booting.

Rainer