openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hello,

I urgently need your help, so any suggestion is appreciated!

I decided to reinstall my OMV setup from scratch and after it was done, I can't access the File Systems. All Physical Disks (BTRFS, no RAID) are loaded but when I go to File Systems after a long loading phase I get an Error: "communication failure".

Already reinstalled it on different devices - USB 3.0 HDD and USB 2.0 flash drive but always the same issue. I really need your help!
  • New

I have the OMV running from an old WD 250Gb black sata disk and I have received alarms regularly that it is too hot (over +55° C).

That is not extreme but I dont like it in the long run. Especially as the other disks stays below 40° C...)

So I cloned the disk and started up the system with the cloned disk and I get errors.
    First there is no network interface.

And below that I get this error:
    "CIFS VFS: Error connecting to socket. Aborting operation.
    CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -101"

And a couple of more lines like that.

I suspect that I need to use omv-firstaid but I am not sure if I should do something else first.
    And for that matter what tools I need to use.
    "Configure network interface" seems like a nobrainer, as that probably will solve the network inteface (i hope).
    But I am not sure that'l fix the cifs errors.

I have switched back to use the old drive for the time being.
  • New

Hey guys,

I know there are plugins out there such as Sonarr, etc. But I wondered is there a plugin avalible for OMV that will keep track of my libary of TV series and notfy me when there is a new season? I don't need it to download or anything I just want it to notify me that there is a new season as I find my self having to go through my SMB libary and cross reference every TV Show I have to see if there has been any new season releases and soemtimes I'm a couple behind so an interface that allows me to can my media and be notified of any seasons that I dont have would be awesome.

Thanks,
    /Ky

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Docker Issue - Sonarr and Deluge

flmaxey

Upgrade Debian 9 and 4.x

Wolf2000

no access to File Systems

macom

DIY NAS Build: Gigabyte GA-J1900N-D3V & Cooler Master Elite 110 Mini-ITX

Markess

ZFS not mounting - OMV 4.x

blublub

Recent Activities

• flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Docker Issue - Sonarr and Deluge.

I have working Docker installs for Sonarr and Deluge, with Sonarr connecting to Deluge. While it appears that Sonarr requires a few more bits to be fully functional, an indexer, etc. but it is connecting to storage locations as indicated below:
  • Wolf2000 -

Replied to the thread Upgrade Debian 9 and 4.x.

Hi weakref weakref has been changed incorrectly
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) no access to File Systems.

Clear your browser cache. If that not helps, which version of OMV are you using, which platform are you on? How did you install OMV?
  • Wolf2000 -

Hi Rhombus (#) in the: Source Code (4 lines)The next update should fit again
  • bunilla -

Liked jollyrogr’s post in the thread My fanless NAS.

Like (Post)
    Quote from bunilla: “When I said furure-proof i was refering to upgrade possibilities and reliability. I use it for NAS, network printer, SFTP (Cloud access) that's about it. As others said the advantage of having PCIEX is that I can easily add SATA…
  • Barracuda -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x (stable) no access to File Systems.

Thread
    Hello, I urgently need your help, so any suggestion is appreciated! I decided to reinstall my OMV setup from scratch and after it was done, I can't access the File Systems. All Physical Disks (BTRFS, no RAID) are loaded but when I go to File Systems…
  • Quote from Bennni: “I am very disappointed with the Sandisk Ultra Fit drive. ” Tiny format --> shitty heat dissipation (I own the same thing but tested it too late). Since it's strongly recommended to test each and every flash drive with either F3 or
  • Markess -

Replied to the thread DIY NAS Build: Gigabyte GA-J1900N-D3V & Cooler Master Elite 110 Mini-ITX.

Quote from tkaiser: “Tiny format --> shitty heat dissipation (I own the same thing but tested it too late). Since it's strongly recommended to test each and every flash drive with either F3 or H2testwprior to usage this is also easy to spot while…
  • bowe -

Quote from thexma: “thank you @Wolf2000, replace new lines fixed it: line 109: def remove(wr, selfref=ref(self)): replace with: def remove(wr, selfref=ref(self), _atomic_removal=_remove_dead_weakref): line 117: _remove_dead_weakref(d, wr.key) replace
  • blublub -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) ZFS not mounting - OMV 4.x.

Quote from subzero79: “Good to know. @votdev have you though about instead of using Requires=, just create a custom target for those units that run at last, maybe even after multi-user.target?. Hypothetically tomorrow we can have a "yfs" that also does…