Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• kledder -

Replied to the thread Wifi adapters support.

Thanks for your comments so far. Unfortunately, the Debian wifi compatibility list isn't much help. It's mostly chipsets and the mentioned models are either really old or not availlable. I wish I could just use a ethernet cable but this is simply not an…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Festplatte läßt sich nicht aushängen/unmounten.

Quote from merkur: “Und mit dem OMVbackup ein Backup der Systemplatte gemacht. ” Dafür brauchst du aber einen Ordner.
  • merkur -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Festplatte läßt sich nicht aushängen/unmounten.

Quote from macom: “Vermutlich hast du noch "freigegebene Ordner", ” Nein, auf der Platte waren nie freigegebene Ordner. Ich habe da nur per MC Daten rauf kopiert. Und mit dem OMVbackup ein Backup der Systemplatte gemacht.
  • macom -

Replied to the thread How to restore OMV 4.X from backup-plugin to system SSD.

I would not dare to adorn myself with borrowed plumes. ;)
  • Quote from chrbar: “what is the best way (better stability, less conflict) to create an OMV server: ” Both methods end up with the same result. Quote from chrbar: “Usually NAS don't need a lot of cpu/ram, is it a real problem if I install a…
  • mcmgc -

Liked cieska’s post in the thread OMV 4.x docker install error.

Like (Post)
    I have same problem. I did try to re-enable Docker repo but no success. When docker gui installed with errors, through ssh apt-get update && apt-get upgrade and aptitude found badly installed packages 2 not fully installed or removed. Do you want to
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x low start because of the network?.

Before looking at changing anything else are you using dhcp or static. Post your output of cat /etc/network/interfaces
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Simplifying The OMV Configuration Backup and Restore Process.

Quote from Kai: “Is there any program/plugin/docker that can function within OMV in the same manner that a backup suite does within MAC or Windows? In other words --- example, “…do these 3 steps to back up the system and then do these 2 steps to…
  • raws99 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4 hangs randomly with high load > 100.

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Apache.

Thanks for your time and answer ! Is there a performance difference between apache and apache dockerized ?
  • bvrulez -

Replied to the thread How to restore OMV 4.X from backup-plugin to system SSD.

Feel free to re-format my guide according to the guidlines of the guide. :)
  • marvelous -

Replied to the thread virtualbox install issue headers?.

ok i did apt-get purge dkms virtualbox-dkms virtualbox-qt virtualbox reinstalled and now it works
  • Kai -

Posted the thread Simplifying The OMV Configuration Backup and Restore Process.

Thread
    The subject of this thread is simple, or should be I hope - - - what is the very best way to back up the configuration settings of an OMV installation that is up and running smoothly???? Before starting to play with WOL and Plex and a few others I felt…
  • marvelous -

Replied to the thread virtualbox install issue headers?.

done that, now getting Linux machine4.19.0-0.bpo.1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.12-1~bpo9+1 (2018-12-30) x86_64 GNU/Linux apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r) Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information...…
  • TechAndrew -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Brother MFC-495CW with CUPS.

Quote from macom: “The printer has a network (Ethernet) interface, right? Why not connect it to a switch and use it as a network printer? ” I'm trying to make it AirPrint-enabled, as it isn't AirPrint on its own.
  • Darknesse -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x low start because of the network?.

I tried disabling it with the command ifdown enp7s0 but that did not change anything. I also tried installing the ifplugd package, but it did not change anything ...
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Brother MFC-495CW with CUPS.

The printer has a network (Ethernet) interface, right? Why not connect it to a switch and use it as a network printer?
  • TechAndrew -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Brother MFC-495CW with CUPS.

Thread
    Hello, I am trying to set up my Brother MFC-495CW printer to be shared through my OMV rock64. I have installed the following packages on my OMV rock64, as there are no CUPS drivers included for my printer, and none of the Generic ones work at all…
  • .H. -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Pool is DEGRADED.

ok. :/ thanks for your help to understanding ;)
  • wolf8auer -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Replaced a disk with Snapraid -> Cannot access the files afterwards?.

The plugin "openmediavault-resetperms 3.3" also helped me a lot with some shared folder permission problems. E.g. When I deleted a file or folder and recovered it with snapraid. Snapraids undelete function worked fine, but the problem was that I could…