Enabling Mod Rewrite for pretty permalinks in local Wordpress install

• I've noticed that apache2 mods are not installed by default with the Wordpress plugin or at least in my installation, I know i will need mod_rewrite for changes to permalinks. On a normal hosted server i would have just added the necessary line to .htaccess but I believe it's different for local systems using nginx?

or will ssh in and sudo a2enmod rewrite be sufficient.

In etc/apache2/mods-available i just have php5_cgi.conf and php5_cgi.load do i need to add something in here instead or do i need to do anything in etc/nginx/ openmediavault_wordpress.conf file (I know that's not correct for nginx ones doing of the top of my head right now)

Cheers for any help

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV and the wordpress plugin use nginx. So, apache shouldn't even be on your system. nginx doesn't use mod_rewrite or .htaccess files. Look up try_files for nginx.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Is this normal for a OMV wordpress installation that i'm having to enable extra bits for any form of permalinks to work so I can navigate away from the home page. If not changing the installer plugin to include this very commonly used feature could be wise.

All links in the Wordpress 4.3 dashboard interface work however deep but any frontend created pages just result in a Nginx 404 when navigating away from the root homepage.

For now I have just returned to the default post numbers as these work.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't use wordpress but if you find something that works, I can change the plugin.

Just looked again and try_files is enabled. Maybe something needs to be tweaked for newer version of wordpress.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I will see what i can find online as i'm new to Nginx as i've just used Apache previously till now. However if anyone in the OMV community knows any information it would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!