MiniDLNA options missing (root container) & latest version

• Hi all, thanks for the plugin for MiniDLNA. I'm not sure where to post it, so I started a new item.

I've been using Minidlna (apart from OVM) for a long time. To improve navigation from my TV, I used to set the root_container option in minidlna.conf to "B". Default is ".'. If I manually change it in OVM minidlna.conf, it get overwritten on reboot. My suggestion is to provide a UI setting for root_container, with the following 5 options: .BMVp as per http://manpages.ubuntu.com/man…man5/minidlna.conf.5.html

Second question, is there a way we can we upgrade minidlna to the latest version (1.1.4)?

Thanks again,

Ralph

ASRock H97 Pro4 | 8Gb 1600 | i3 4130T | 3x WD Red 4TB with SnapRAID | Backup to Crashplan & External HDD

• Offizieller Beitrag

I've been using Minidlna (apart from OVM) for a long time. To improve navigation from my TV, I used to set the root_container option in minidlna.conf to "B". Default is ".'. If I manually change it in OVM minidlna.conf, it get overwritten on reboot. My suggestion is to provide a UI setting for root_container, with the following 5 options: .BMVp as per http://manpages.ubuntu.com/man…man5/minidlna.conf.5.html

You are the first to ask for that setting. I will add it.

Second question, is there a way we can we upgrade minidlna to the latest version (1.1.4)?

It is in the repo already. If you are still on OMV 1.x, you need to enable the testing repo for all arches except armhf.

Code
    $ reprepro ls minidlna
    minidlna | 1.0.25-2-23~1.gbpdcecf1 |                  sardaukar | i386, amd64
    minidlna | 1.1.4+dfsg-3 |           kralizec-testing | i386, amd64, armel
    minidlna | 1.1.2+dfsg-1.1 |                   kralizec | i386, amd64
    minidlna |   1.1.4+dfsg-3 |                   kralizec | armhf
    minidlna | 1.1.4+dfsg-3 |                stoneburner | i386, amd64, armel, armhf

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

openmediavault-minidlna 1.1 is in the repo now with the root container setting.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!