How to manage your files and folders: best practices?

• Hi all, let's say I have 1 HDD with movies, music and photos. I want to manage the files and folders from my workstation. I think there are two options:
    1. Make a main share/folder ("/storage"), mount that share on the workstation and then create 3 folders (movies, music, photos) and sub folders. Advantage is that I need only 1 mount point to my workstation.
    2. Make 3 shares/folders and mount them individually to the workstation. I think this is cleaner because you don't create an extra top level folder (storage). Downside is that I don't see the complete HDD from one file list on my workstation.

What is common practice in this situations?

Thanks, Ralph

ASRock H97 Pro4 | 8Gb 1600 | i3 4130T | 3x WD Red 4TB with SnapRAID | Backup to Crashplan & External HDD

• I use option 2. When you make a New folder for a other user or program you dont need the same rights.

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!