Next steps with RAID recovery

• It took me awhile to figure out that one of my SATA ports on a Silicon Image card was the source of some unstable behaviour my box had been exhibiting. I had a few lock ups and i had to power button shutdown a few times. I am running RAID5 with 3 disks.

I move the disks around on the controller and currently the fault port is unused. The instability is no longer there and I attempted to recover the RAID. OMV was no longer showing the raid so did:

Code
    mdadm --assemble --force /dev/md127 /dev/sd[abc]

This assembled the raid without disk sda which I had to re-add which then start recovery of the RAID. I allowed that to run overnight but this morning I noticed the RAID was in the state below.

I am not sure why drive sda is showing up as a spare or even how to make it active.

I have gotten to this point. I am not sure what the next steps are. Any ideas?

Code
    root@oracle:~# cat /proc/mdstat
    Personalities : [linear] [multipath] [raid0] [raid1] [raid6] [raid5]              id10]
    md127 : active raid5 sdc[0] sda[3] sdb[1]
          976770048 blocks super 1.2 level 5, 512k chunk, algorithm 2 [3/

unused devices: <none>

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try: mdadm --grow /dev/md127 --raid-devices=3

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.2

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!