VirtualBox and USB

• I can't get virtualbox (OMV 2.1, Virtualbox 4.3) to show / pass trough usb devices; the filter-list in web configuration is just empty

Any help would be much appreciated

fhatz

• I try to pass trough a 'CUL_V3' device. This is a RF receiver / transmitter. However, my problem is that I can't see any of the usb devices connect to the host in the list of phpvirtualbox

Output of 'VBoxManage list usbhost'
    -------------------------
    Host USB Devices:

UUID: 534cf5f3-4bc7-4cbb-94c0-19dd4fbd90c7
    VendorId: 0x03eb (03EB)
    ProductId: 0x204b (204B)
    Revision: 0.0 (0000)
    Port: 3
    USB version/speed: 1/1
    Manufacturer: busware.de
    Product: CUL868
    Address: sysfs:/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-3/1-3.4//device:/dev/sundtek/usb/001/008
    Current State: Busy

---------------------------------

fhatz

• I found a solution:

I changed the user of phpvirtualbox to 'root'

The problem was the installation of a DVB-Stick ('Sundtek'), changing the adress of usb devices. Using root as web user, everything works fine...

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't recommend that method. You probably just needed to add the vbox user to a group that can access usb.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I don't like running phpvirtualbox as root. However, a sundtek-dvb-stick is installed. Therefore, the path to all loaded usb devices is changed and I couldn't find the place for modifying the permissions (permission = root:root).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!