Boot loop problem

• I have my OMV installed (temporarily) in an USB key attached to an HP microserver N40L. I've installed to an USB waiting the arrival of the m-SATA SSD disk and in order to start immediately to configure all settings I need. The NAS was on only during configuration and test. Only in the last month I've decided to leave it on all the time and it worked perfectly.
    Last week I've tried to connect to the WEB interface to launch the system upgrade (I made it regularly), but I had a blank page or page not reachable. So I connected via SSH and I was able to log in, so I thought the system was ok.
    I rebooted it via shell command, and the system was gone in a reboot loop: start BIOS, check available disks, start GRUB, load kernel, start loading initramfs and immediately it reboots again in an infinite loop.
    I've tried to load Ubuntu Live 15.10 from another USB key and it loads correctly.
    I've tried to ghost the OMV USB system to the final m-SATA SSD disk but the boot loop is present again.
    I've tried to load kernel and initramfs from GRUB shell and it reboots again.

What I've to do to revive the installation? Or can I copy the OMV configuration files from the USB pen and paste them to a fresh installation on the m-SATA disk so I can retrieve all my configurations? If yes, where are all the configuration files?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Your usb stick is failing. I'm surprised it lasted that long. If you would've installed the flashmemory plugin, you would've been ok. There is no way to get the old configuration from the usb stick. Even if you could, I wouldn't trust it since the usb stick is failing. A fresh install is your only option. You can use /etc/openmediavault/config.xml on the old stick (if not corrupt) as guidance but moving it to the install will not work.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yep, you copy the corrupt sectors.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!