How to request: Set up Owncloud in Docker

• Hello,

I'm running a personal owncloud server, which is productive (4 GB files, 4 calendars, 500 contacts). As the omv owncloud plugin seems to be unreliable, especially when upgrading owncloud, somebody in this forum advised me to use docker.

After a personal introduction into docker, I see to following hurdles

• My server is headless so I can't call owncloud inside docker via localhost. I didn't get the port forwarding working.
    • HTTPS: How do I achiev a secure connection to my docker container
    • I'm running multiple services on my server. Other services use HTTPS, too (other domain).
    • I'm running a hardened nginx. How do I use this this hardened configuration inside docker?

I'm computer scientist, so there's no need to use the GUI docker plugin. I think the CLI version is more flexible.

I'd be very thankful for a tutorial or at least some screens of a working configuration and hints to above questions.

Have a nice day!

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you are comfortable with all that, why run owncloud in docker? Install the nginx and mysql plugins and install owncloud manually (add owncloud repo). You don't need the OMV plugin. It just syncs the owncloud and omv users.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• The main reason is the OMV can't be updated to PHP 5.6. PHP 5.4 is no longer supported by Owncloud. Another hurdle is the migration of my OMV user accounts to OV user accounts without the OMV

• Offizieller Beitrag

The first part is handled when OMV 3.x is released. The other part isn't handled by docker either.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• I know. When will 3.0 be released? I'm a little confused because you suggested to use Docker. But I guess its hard to configure and migrate a running Owncloud into docker.

Is a standalone owncloud more reliable than the omv plugin solution? I think the main problem was OC's upgrade cycle and the often outdated PC plugin to transfer OMV user accounts into OC.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von bierkistenschlepper ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

When it is stable. It still has some problems right.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!