The web gui doesn't work after a system update

• Hi everyone I have a issue with the Web GUI. After a update of the system (apt-get update && apt-get upgrade) the Web GUI has stop working. If I enter via Web Browser it doesn't show anything, the web is blank even via HTTP or HTTPS, and the Favicon Icon is displayed. I tried to restart NGINX, nothing, restart php5-fpm, nothing, restart the entire server, nothing, still the same. The other services work without problem, SSH, SMB and NFS Shares, the only problem is the Web Interface. The log of NGINX (/var/log/nginx/openmediavault-webgui_access.log and openmediavault-webgui_error.log) doesn't show any error. I also have used the command omv-firstaid without any result. I'll appreciate any help please .

My version of OMV is 2.1.27

Greetings and thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you clear your browser cache? Check to see if apache is installed - dpkg -l | grep apache Why did you update from the command line out of curiosity?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I tested in all browsers I have, Firefox, Chrome, IE and Edge, all the same, I cleared the cache in all browsers still the same. Besides I also tested in others machines at the same LAN and the problem persists.

Apache is not installed in the system, the web server is nginx.

root@cdf-nas:~# dpkg -l | grep apache
    root@cdf-nas:~# dpkg -l | grep apache2
    root@cdf-nas:~# dpkg -l | grep nginx
    ii nginx 1.6.2-5~bpo70+1 all small, powerful, scalable web/proxy server
    ii nginx-common 1.6.2-5~bpo70+1 all small, powerful, scalable web/proxy server - common files
    ii nginx-full 1.6.2-5~bpo70+1 amd64 nginx web/proxy server (standard version)

And yes, I update the system via command line, because I found that I had an error in /etc/apt/sources.list with the line of debian-security repository.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why are you running the backports version of nginx?

Try:
    omv-aptclean
    omv-mkconfig nginx
    omv-mkconfig php5fpm
    service nginx restart
    service php5-fpm restart

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• hello again

Sorry but, this command doesn't exist in the system (omv-aptclean)

root@cdf-nasdmz:~# omv-
    omv-config omv-initsystem omv-mkaptidx omv-mki18ndict omv-pm-standby omv-rmraid omv-sysinfo
    omv-engined omv-jsminify omv-mkconf omv-mkraid omv-po2json omv-rpc omv-update
    omv-firstaid omv-jsonprettify omv-mkgraph omv-mkwebjs omv-release-upgrade omv-run
    root@cdf-nasdmz:~# omv-

I ran the others and the problems persists

Wow, I did not realize that I have configured debian backport repository maybe the problem is in the nginx package of backport repository. How I can downgrade to the nginx package of the main respository?

• Offizieller Beitrag

omv-aptclean is an omv-extras command.

What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm

• Thank very much for the help!!!!

I solved the problem, the problem was the nginx package from the backport repository installed after the system update.

This is what I did:
    1- Delete the backport repository line from /etc/apt/sources.list
    2- Run the command apt-get remove nginx (this also remove openmediavault's packages)
    3- Run the command apt-get update to update de index without the backport repository
    4- Run the command apt-get install nginx openmediavault

Great work with this software, keep going doing that.

Bye

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!