Calibre plugin trying to "chown" for non-existent directory

• Running into a problem here. I tried activating Calibre recently (it'd been installed a while, but I wasn't using it) and ran into an error. As you can see below, it's trying to "chown" /media/ad1d56f8-7de7-4da9-9e8e-add98be1d615/Books. Problem is, that drive UUID doesn't exist, and it's not the UUID I selected for the data drive. It's also not the drive in OMV's config.xml, nor is it the one in /etc/calibre-server.conf. I've tried removing and reinstalling the plugin, no change. Running 'apt-get -f install' throws the same chown error for openmediavault-calibre. I even tried 'apt-get purge openmediavault-calibre' and then reinstalling, same error.

I'm pretty sure that UUID is for a drive that failed long, long ago, and I'm not sure how I can get rid of it. I suppose I could create a symlink to the proper directory, but I'd really rather avoid that. Anyone have suggestions? The error is below.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try purging the plugin: apt-get purge openmediavault-calibre

If that doesn't work, you may have to manually edit the config.xml file.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Purged it, still threw the error on reinstall, still getting the error on re-apply.

When I go into the config.xml file (it is the one in /etc/openmediavault/ yes?) and do a search for 'ad1', I get no result, and the calibre section lists the correct UUID (3414ab35-295e-4d67-9fa7-a1e6e711c7f5).

I did just try and manually start Calibre, and I got the following:

Code
    root@moonhawk:/etc/openmediavault# service calibre start
    Starting Calibre
    root@moonhawk:/etc/openmediavault# No write acces to /media/ad1d56f8-7de7-4da9-9e8e-add98be1d615/Books/.config/calibre using a temporary dir instead

At that point it hangs. So it looks like something with Calibre itself, but it was removed I thought when I removed the plugin.

• Never mind, I found it. The existing user for Calibre has the directory it's trying to chown listed in /etc/passwd as it's home directory. Changing that should take care of the issue.

Thanks!

EDIT: Yep, 'deluser calibre' followed by 'apt-get -f install' allowed me to configure and apply changes successfully.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Calibre doesn't remove anything from the data directory when purging. So, make sure to use a new shared folder. An existing one can cause problems. It should also only be used by calibre. Why did you manually start it? If the plugin doesn't work when applying settings, then it won't work manually starting it.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Mostly because the web interface "glitched" somehow and made it look like the Apply worked, but the web interface wasn't responding. Reloading the web UI showed that the apply didn't happen, but 'service calibre restart' is a quick and easy test.

Either way, it's all set now. Thanks!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!