Configure login per user ?

• Hi, I've been trying to setup my OMV, and I'm facing a problem.
    I have two user accounts with different rights to folders :
    user1 can access all folders, user2 can only access one folder.
    When browsing the nas with user2, if I try to access the user1 folder, it will ask me for credentials, and open it if I input the correct credentials.
    I could use complex passwords, but I'm supposed to install this in a school, and I have to keep it simple.

How can I prevent the system from asking me for credentials when trying to open a forbidden folder ?

• Um.... if the local PC user equals the NAS User it should already authenticate you while accessing the NAS via SMB, thus it should deny access on a share which you're not allowed to access and simply let you pass on a share that you have access to. The user has to be indentical, and the password has to be identical too.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!