Beiträge von davidh2k

I (think I) understand the basic idea of docker and so I see the benefits for a developer who wants to develop something that works in every Linux environment. But when is it beneficial for a home-server user to do a docker install over a regular install?

Like macom said, it keeps dependencies inside the container, thus not touching/messing with any of your base install.

Haven't checked them but if you find one on docker hub you'll be fine. Wish you much fun with your SWAG

Then there is performance. While you can run a web server in a container on a fancier computer, running one in a container on a cheap VPS/host isn't a great idea and if you had a super-awesome web server, it wouldn't make sense either.

I'm running containers on a couple of different systems. A Maker Board on the low end and a Xeon on the high end. Neither one of them has issues with docker. One of them has some noticeable workloads to do.

Also check out some articles like that: https://netflixtechblog.com/th…e-at-netflix-3abfc096781b

Also, I have this ever-running... never-ending... web based "Game ROM/Audio Jukebox" project I started in node.js (4 years ago :-/) that when parsing audio data or hashing checksums it creates such a huge variance in RAM and core usage that there's no real way to scale that in Docker that makes Docker "worth it" (or any containers really).

What is that kind of "Game ROM/Audio Jukebox" Project? :D

Greetings

David

I now have install nextcloud but change ports to 8095-95, if i go to ports.conf and sites-available they still sowing 80.

When you change the host port in your docker-compose.yml or stack configuration, that is what you see on the outside. On the inside keep it 80 (thats the port behind the double point : )

BTW: You didnt show your container config/docker-compose file, just some config for apache2.

Greetings

David

This is a USB stick I had attached in the beginning but never used. But in OMV I can't remove that filesystem. When I go to filesystems, select that usbdrive filesystem and click delete, it asks me twice if I'm ok with deleting, but nothing happens.

I'm a bit rusty about removing missing stuff. Maybe ryecoaaron can jump in here.

My main questions are about the labels.

There are a lot of labels that have to be set, and every tutorial seems to be setting those labels a little differently and they are not really explaining them.

The usage of labels depens on how you config traefik itself. You usually use labels to be able to set the variables the way you want. Espcially when using stacks the domain for example can be kinda messy.

There seems to be a lot of middlewares, I don't really know where traefik gets them from, for example I have nextcloud-dav and nextcloud-https.

I'm not using either of them. The only one I use is basic auth for the traefik webinterface. Think of them as a man-in-the-middle. It depends on what you want to do. nextcloud-https sounds useless to me, but thats without me looking at the actual purpose of it.

I don't understand what endpoints are.

https://docs.traefik.io/v2.0/operations/api/#endpoints

And I have no clue what these regexes are for:

^/.well-known/ca(l|rd)dav

They probably match the any-domain.tld/.wll-known/caldav and anydomain.tld/.well-known/carddav

You're currently using SSL authentication, i'll later on suggest you to take a look at DNS authentication. This kicks ass.

I also don't understand the loadbalance.sever.port

Every service (nextcloud, teamspeak, whatever) needs to have a loadbalancer in front of it. This is due to the new design in traefik 2.0. All you do there is to tell traefik which port it should use to access the service inside the container.

Also I have traefik mapped to port 8180 for the web gui but I can't access that for some reason.

You don't need to have the port mapped to be able to access it. I set it to 8099 inside the traefik.yml and created a router for it inside the rules.yml

Greetings

David

/dev/sdg1 is the system disk. When I cd or df /dev/sdg1 I get Not a directory.

/dev is the device aka your hard disk, that is used to mount it to a path like /srv/... You can't access it directly.

Yes! but I ran it on /dev/disk/by-id/ata-KINGSTON_SA400S37120G_50026B76834417D9-part1 wich is the system disk that needs to be cleaned up

Result:

That is wrong. Do it like gderf suggested. You constantly mix the device with the actual mounted path.

You second HDD is mounted under the path you wrote, if this ceasis to exist, the backup still writes to the same path, just that that path is now on your OS disk. But that doesn't change the path.

Greetings

David

There is no ultimate solution. For my KVM Systems where docker is running inside a VM I backup the complete VM.

There are however multiple approaches to backing up data volumes. There does not seem to be the preferred solution though.

How are you all backing this data up? I found this pretty cool looking thing `prodrigestivill/postgres-backup-local` but when I search for it in the docker interface in OMV it doesn't show up. So I assume people ARE backing up. How are you doing it?

Maybe you want to move towards using docker-compose/stacks with portainer. Then you can use the suggested docker-compose.yml like shown here:

https://github.com/prodrigesti…ker-postgres-backup-local

Greetings

David

Without showing either config for your stack, and log outputs we can rub our crystal balls as much as we like, we won't be able to help you.

Greetings

David

2020-08-23 12:55:11 0 [ERROR] mysqld: Can't create/write to file '/var/lib/mysql/aria_log_control' (Errcode: 13 "Permission denied")

volumes:
    - /mnt/sandisk500gb/dietpi_userdata/docker-data/nginx/config.json:/app/config/production.json

EISDIR: illegal operation on a directory, read Error: Config file /app/config/production.json cannot be read. Error code is: EISDIR. Error message is: EISDIR: illegal operation on a directory, read

Your config.json at /mnt/sandisk500gb/dietpi_userdata/docker-data/nginx/ is a folder, not a file. Remove it and add it again by using touch or nano.

Greetings

David

To summarize, I can open up any other port on my network with no problems except for those that are in a docker in OMV.

Can you reach the service from your network?

Before I try the tasks you mentioned, are you saying that there needs to be a network connect set up in order to make dockers accessible in the way I am trying to access them (external access)? For the record I am not using LetsEncrypt or anything similar.

Nope. Usually a bridge is just fine.

Greetings

David