Legacy 3rd party plugin packages

• The old third party repository (for older OMV releases prior to OMV 0.5 such as fedaykin) was hosted at packages.omv-plugins.org - but this site is gone.

Can the old packages be obtained anywhere?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I can probably dig them up. What package and why? I highly recommend updating.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• If you ask for specific packages I am mainly interested in lvm2, nut and virtualbox.

Yes I know that upgrading is recommended, but this is a machine that is only accessed locally and should remain up. I am not sure if upgrading would break things, I do not have the time for a reinstall. I will probably build a completely new NAS when upgrading.

Do I correctly assume then that these plugins are publicly gone from the internet and not archived anywhere at all? I find this very troubling if old legacy versions disappear and cannot be reproduced anymore.

It is too bad that that omv-extras.org only goes back to 0.5. Everything from there is on Github, so I think that these packages should remain accessible. I have not found any info on the creator/maintainer of the old plugins, they really should be stored somewhere just like old OMV images and packages for reference.

• Offizieller Beitrag

lvm2 and nut are core plugins and are available in the omv repo for all versions. As for virtualbox, I guess I got rid of the copy I had.

Yes, omv-plugins plugins are gone from the internet and not archived anymore. It is troubling but hard to control when the guy who ran omv-plugins took it down and deleted the github repos. I started omv-extras because he left. Everything from omv-extras is on github and will not be taken down. This is includes 0.5, 1.x, 2.x, and 3.x versions of omv-extras plugins. Not much I can do to prevent the other stuff. I will keep looking but don't expect me to find them. I stored them for a long time and maybe had one request for one of them. I hadn't had any requests in over a year so I probably deleted them.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

I guess it is your lucky day. I found the old files. There is no repo for them but you can manually download them here.

• Oh thank you so very much!

I did not know that you were the guy who started omv-extras. It is very reassuring to hear this. I am puzzled that the guy who ran omv-plugins deleted the github repos. I just thought the domain expired and it was just because he let it slide. Anyway, kudos to you!

• I have one more question: The virtualbox plugin seems to use version 4.2, but I think this version is normally not in squeeze repositories. Were there additional packages on packages.omv-plugins.org such as virtualbox-4.2 for this plugin?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think they were. You can get older packages here though.

• For virtualbox, I found the packages on their site as you pointed out. But it makes me wonder what other packages there were, apart from the plugins. There might be problems when installing other plugins. It is incredible, that everything is gone. It seems that is was a very bad idea to have faith in the old plugin site. Anyway, thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I just uploaded the plugins themselves. I have the other packages but they are still available on the maintainers sites. Here is a list of all packages that were on the site. If you really need one, I can put it on omv-extras but some are in the standard OMV repo anyway. Not sure why they were on both. And just a note... binaries from 0.5 work on 0.4 because they are both Debian Squeeze.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!