Raspi B+ repositry and update

• HI there
    I've finally got my OVM set-up on my Raspberry Pi B+ and so far so good.
    I've installed omv_2.0.15 as the newer version always fail. I did absolutely no update or "funny's" to make it work.
    When I try and get plugins, or just the repository, I always get issues with the packages. I tried to grab, minidlna, but it does not install and tell me the packages is not available. From what I've read, I am hyper cautious to update, but even tried that and once again it failed.
    I do not want to start over as I am busy adding users and shares and a bad install could ruin it with my old Raspberry.

How can I get the updates and repo's without chrashing my system?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you see note on the download page/readme??

works on Raspberry Pi 2 and Raspberry Pi 3 (need to update php5-pam manually to work on RPi1)

wget http://omv-extras.org/debian/pool/main/p/php5-pam/php5-pam_1.0.3-2_armhf.deb
    dpkg -i php5-pam_1.0.3-2_armhf.deb

After that, never update the php5-pam package in the update window. All other updates are ok.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I've done that in with the newer version according to a thread on this forum. The post said to remove the old php5-pam files, then follow the instructions as you said. When I did that the web interface only said "It worked!" That is more or less the standard Linux web server response if you set it up normally. Upon next boot, the Raspi was just stuck - it booted to a point I can't recall from memory, then it was stuck. I thought initially it was my SD as I understood that the partition will be enlarged automatically. I bought a top notch hologrammed SD in retaliation! :D But it was to no avail. So i tried version 2.0.15.

I did not try the commands with the current 2.0.15 version of OMV I have. I will give it a bash tonight.
    Regards

• I've done that in with the newer version according to a thread on this forum. The post said to remove the old php5-pam files, then follow the instructions as you said. When I did that the web interface only said "It worked!" That is more or less the standard Linux web server response if you set it up normally. Upon next boot, the Raspi was just stuck - it booted to a point I can't recall from memory, then it was stuck. I thought initially it was my SD as I understood that the partition will be enlarged automatically. I bought a top notch hologrammed SD in retaliation! :D But it was to no avail. So i tried version 2.0.15.

I just did run the command and this is the output.

Zitat

root@raspberrypi:~# wget http://omv-extras.org/debian/p…hp5-pam_1.0.3-2_armhf.deb
    --2016-06-12 21:09:02-- http://omv-extras.org/debian/p…hp5-pam_1.0.3-2_armhf.deb
    Resolving omv-extras.org (omv-extras.org)... failed: Name or service not known.
    wget: unable to resolve host address `omv-extras.org'

Regards

• Offizieller Beitrag

Whatever the other post said, don't follow it. Just download the file and install the package like I posted. If you can't download it, that is a networking issue on your part.

Or install the 2.0.15 and update everything EXCEPT php5-pam.

Or buy an RPi 2/3 :)

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• I followed your instructions with 2.1 release, and there the webinterface is back. I am busy updating but added this command line

Zitat

apt-mark hold php5-pam

I hope I am not messing it up again. I did not find the php5-pam on the webinterface, which is good news, as the packages do get read and it is busy fetching the packages.
    Thank you, that seems to solve my Pi B+ problem.

• I've done your instructions, but after I've updated the sources and all packages except for php5-pam, as I stated above, I can no longer get access to any packages. Brother...
    The update manager in the web interface start with "Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; apt-get update......."
    And to install plugins specifically minidlna, just returns plenty of "Failed to fetch .... "

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sounds like you don't have your DNS server set. Login via ssh (use putty) and post the output of apt-get update

• Thank you for helping.
    Here is the output. Remember its (only) a Raspberry Pi B+ that has been overclocked at 900MHz for years with one of the original Raspi images... So be gentle with it! LOL!

I've deleted some line as I get a complaint that my message is too long. I'm attaching the full output.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It still isn't resolving DNS names. What is the output of: cat /etc/network/interfaces

• Here it is.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You still don't seem to have your dns server set.

• Ok, I belive I've set the DNS server now.
    I've also tried four DNS IP's provided by my ISP. I've manually set the DNS servers in the ADSL router as well. All results are the same.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not much I can do if it won't resolve DNS names. This is a network issue.

• I'm not sure I follow. The DNS names do get resolved, and my router is linked via ADSL to a DNS server provided by my ISP.

What should I point OMV DNS to?
    Must I use my router's IP (gateway address) as above or should I use an altogether different DNS address? My ISP provide 4 manual DNS servers if I need it, of which I can choose any two.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is apt-get update resolving dns names now? If not, I don't know what to tell you. The network config you posted is correct.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't think it is an OMV bug. OMV is creating the correct network config file. It must just be something strange with your network.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Normally when I see a system that works on dhcp and not on static (with a correct config), I would say that is a network issue. Just glad it is working.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!