Stop collectd & rrdcached Daemons from Starting Automatically

• Previously on this forum, I posted a thread titled Performance Statistics Graphs not Working, which was about a problem I was having with the statistics graphs not working properly on my Raspberry Pi after a reboot. I was told that I could either work around the problem, or purchase a RTC for my Pi.

I've decided to opt to work around the problem by modifying the "/etc/rc.local" file to perform an NTP server sync multiple times to be certain that it is accurate. After the sync is executed, I execute "service collectd start" and "service rrdcached start".

I've tried to prevent collectd and rrdcached from starting before this by executing "update-rc.d collectd disable" and "update-rc.d rrdcached disable", but both commands generate a warning "using dependency based boot sequencing", and when I try to reboot, the problem with the graphs still occurs, which suggests to me that the daemons were not disabled.

I've also tried "insserv -rv collectd" and "insserv -rv rrdcached", and although I received no error messages, the problem appears to have not been resolved.

How can I disable them?

Here is my modified "/etc/rc.local" file:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!