Beiträge von David B

I just wanted to see the particular line from the mount instead of all of the output.

I can't explain why your mntent entry is gone but that is what caused the problems. My primary dev VM has 30+ mntent entries and one has never disappeared.

Got it. Here's the line, in case it's helpful.

/dev/sdg1 on /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Disk4 type btrfs (rw,relatime,compress=zstd:3,space_cache,subvolid=5,subvol=/)

Yeah I've not seen this issue on any of my other environments. Anyway, I'll keep researching to see what can be done about it.

Well, I took a shot at it, and it seems to have worked up to a point.

I made a backup copy of /etc/openmediavault/config.xml, manually recreated the mntent entry in config.xml, and ran sudo omv-salt deploy run fstab. After doing that, the references to the file system reappeared in the OMV web UI. Based on the disk usage graph shown in the web UI for the file system before it was refreshed, the disappearance of it happened on September 10th. Even though the disk now shows up, the graph does not refresh. It seems to be permanently stuck showing this old data.

kZc8rjg.png

Yeah, that's understandable. I've kind of made a habit out of asking you mostly because it seems like when something goes wrong, you (almost) always know the solution, or at least, where to begin looking. Anyway, I apologize for being a nuisance. I'll keep that in mind for the future. 🙂

I'm not sure what to provide for the "relevant line from the mount command" that you're asking for.

Relevant /etc/fstab line:

Code
    /dev/disk/by-label/Disk4 /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Disk4 btrfs defaults,nofail,compress=zstd 0 2

Regarding the relevant /etc/openmediavault/config.xml entry, I don't see an entry for the missing disk at all, which is weird because I know it was there before. It's like it just vanished. If I knew what to use as a UUID, I would manually recreate it. I suppose it's safe to assume that this is the cause of the issue, though. I suppose I should have known to check it before asking here.

I am having a rather bizarre issue with one of the disks on my OMV server: the file system for the disk does not show anywhere in the OMV web UI, but the file system is mounted (which I verified by checking the contents of /etc/fstab) and functions as intended in the Docker containers which have it mounted. What makes this situation even weirder is that the disk on which the file system resides does show in the web UI under Storage --> Disks, so it's not like OMV does not "see" that the disks exists. I should also note that going to Storage --> File Systems and trying to either create a new file system or mount an existing file system does not show that disk as an option.

I know that when I set up the disk on my OMV server, it did show in the web UI properly, but somewhere along the way within the last month, it has vanished. Its absence isn't an extremely big deal to me from a functional perspective since the disk is used as a backup disk inside a Duplicati container, but even so, I would really like to make it visible in the OMV web UI again.

Does anyone have any idea about what could be going on here?

IMO this is caused by a misconfigured mount point. I assume you are using the openmediavault-sharerootfs plugin. The latest plugin version has fixed that problem. Do you have installed it?

Please post the output of

Code
    # omv-confdbadm read --prettify conf.system.filesystem.mountpoint

I do indeed use openmediavault-sharerootfs! In case it helps provide any extra information to you, here's my output from running the command:

And omv-rpc -u admin 'FileSystemMgmt' 'getList' '{"start":0,"limit":-1}' | jq: https://pastebin.com/5BmYh0US

The forum was complaining about the character limit when I tried to copy it in to a code block, hence the use of Pastebin.

Hello OMV Community,

The last few times I've installed software updates and received the "Pending configuration changes. You must apply these changes in order for them to take effect." pop-up, I've encountered an annoying issue with trying to apply the changes. When I click "Apply", the update attempt fails with a 502 Bad Gateway, and the system becomes totally unusable. Each time it has happened, I haven't even been able to open a new SSH session. One time when it happened, I had an existing SSH session opened, but trying to issue shutdown now resulted in an error. The only way for me to get around this issue has been to outright crash the computer, reboot, and abort the change request. This would be tolerable if it was a one-off issue, but since it's quite common now, it's annoying and I would like to properly fix it. Has anyone else seen this, or know what I can do to stop it?

Most of those things wouldn't necessarily make it reboot. If ssh and the web interface aren't working, you are pretty much out of luck. You don't have a way for someone to push the power button? How are you exec'ing into the container?

Yeah that's what I was afraid of. Unfortunately, everyone who typically has access to the server happens to be with me. Regarding my attempt at execing in to a container, I was trying to do it via the Portainer UI. Portainer is one of the applications that is still kind of working. I can authenticate, but when I try to access the terminal, the Portainer UI kicks me out immediately.

Hello all,

Earlier today, when checking in on my OMV server, I noticed that a disk had become unmounted. This doesn't happen often, but I have seen it before, and the solution that I have always used has been to unmount and remount the disk via the web UI. Normally this isn't an issue, but in this case, the disk that had been listed as unmounted was the boot disk. When I clicked the unmount button, everything started acting strangely (in hindsight, I should have realized that that was a pretty stupid thing to do). The web UI is throwing "502 Bad Gateway" errors now, and when I try to SSH in, my attempts are immediately rejected. This has left me unable to issue a shutdown or reboot command to the machine. The obvious solution to this is of course to physically restart the machine, but there's just one little problem with that: I'm currently traveling. My server is about 600 miles away from where I am currently located. (Of course my OMV server which works fine all days of the year gets screwed up during one of the rare times when I'm on the road and can't easily fix it. 🙄) Does anyone know of any way at all to get the machine to reboot? I suspect that the answer is no, but I figured I would take a shot at asking anyway. I am desperate to the point that I even tried execing in to a Docker container so I could run a forkbomb and trigger the watchdog to reboot the system, but unfortunately, when I try to exec in to a container, Portainer immediately kicks me out. One other thing that I am considering is using the Raspberry Pi located inside the network to hammer the server with loads of network requests, but then I runt he risk of hanging the Pi and the server.

votdev After clearing all of my fail2ban entries and trying again, the command runs instantly and the timeout no longer happens when using the web UI.

ryecoaaron I can certainly move it, but I thought that the way those scanners typically worked meant that it would still get hammered. I would actually like to close it off, but unfortunately, I need SSH access to be open.

The time omv-sysinfo command has been running for about 10 minutes and it's not done yet. I will post an update when it's finished, but for now, OMV lists my CPU as Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz. The machine has 8GB of RAM.

As for the plugins I use, here it the list of what I have installed:

1. openmediavault-cputemp 6.1.1
    2. openmediavault-fail2ban 6.0.2
    3. openmediavault-flashmemory 6.1
    4. openmediavault-omvextrasorg 6.0.8
    5. openmediavault-remotemount 6.0
    6. openmediavault-sharerootfs 6.0-4
    7. openmediavault-symlinks 6.0.4
    8. openmediavault-wol 6.0.1

I also use several Docker containers, but I would that that they would be irrelevant.

Hmm alright. I will try again and post back here again.

In the meantime, I do have these entries in  /var/log/nginx/openmediavault-webgui_error.log, but that doesn't really help much with solving the problem, I would think.

Code
    2022/05/03 09:24:13 [error] 2483#2483: *32247 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.4, server: openmediavault-webgui, request: "POST /rpc.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php7.4-fpm-openmediavault-webgui.sock", host: "192.168.1.2", referrer: "http://192.168.1.2/"
    2022/05/03 11:24:35 [error] 2483#2483: *32547 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.4, server: openmediavault-webgui, request: "POST /rpc.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php7.4-fpm-openmediavault-webgui.sock", host: "192.168.1.2", referrer: "http://192.168.1.2/"
    2022/05/03 11:26:14 [error] 2483#2483: *32547 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.4, server: openmediavault-webgui, request: "POST /rpc.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php7.4-fpm-openmediavault-webgui.sock", host: "192.168.1.2", referrer: "http://192.168.1.2/"
    2022/05/03 11:31:35 [error] 2483#2483: *32705 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.4, server: openmediavault-webgui, request: "POST /rpc.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php7.4-fpm-openmediavault-webgui.sock", host: "192.168.1.2", referrer: "http://192.168.1.2/"
    2022/05/03 14:17:34 [error] 2483#2483: *33100 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.4, server: openmediavault-webgui, request: "POST /rpc.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php7.4-fpm-openmediavault-webgui.sock", host: "192.168.1.2", referrer: "http://192.168.1.2/"
    2022/05/03 14:21:30 [error] 2483#2483: *33089 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.4, server: openmediavault-webgui, request: "POST /rpc.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php7.4-fpm-openmediavault-webgui.sock", host: "192.168.1.2", referrer: "http://192.168.1.2/"
    2022/05/03 14:24:16 [error] 2483#2483: *33100 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.4, server: openmediavault-webgui, request: "POST /rpc.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php7.4-fpm-openmediavault-webgui.sock", host: "192.168.1.2", referrer: "http://192.168.1.2/"