I may have done something stupid, please help?

• Hello,

So I was having trouble getting my NAS to show up on the network through SMB/CIFS. Well, I was trying to configure the network settings and I stupidly deleted the eth0 interface. Now I can't access the NAS... how do I reconfigure OMV to get access again?

I'm a self-admitted beginner

Thank you for any help you can give

-Adam Nieri

• Offizieller Beitrag

Login on the box locally (keyboard and monitor). Execute omv-firstaid as root.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Login on the box locally (keyboard and monitor). Execute omv-firstaid as root.

Thank you very much! you are incredible.

So, I have two questions that may be slightly more challenging. I asked once before if it is possible to access the OMV from an alternate network. I decided not to try and set it up at first, but now I'm looking to connect both networks. We are a camp and have two accounts with our ISP and two access points. We also have DSL (so our internet is not very fast). Is there any way of unifying or connecting both networks?

Secondly, is it possible to run a second program on Debian while running OMV? we are looking to install Unifi Controller software on Debian so that we can't access it remotely. Would that be possible? I found this online: http://community.ubnt.com/ubnt…ontrollerInstallation.pdf Do you think it's a good guide to follow?

Thank you again for any help you may be able to give, and I'm sorry if my questions are confusing. I appreciate what you guys do.

-Adam

• Offizieller Beitrag

1. Just add a second network adapter. Even a USB network adapter (don't use wireless) would work. This will just allow access to the OMV box on both networks. It won't combine your internet connections into one fast connection.

2. Yep. Start at step #2 in the pdf you linked too. The guide looks fine to me.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• 1. Just add a second network adapter. Even a USB network adapter (don't use wireless) would work. This will just allow access to the OMV box on both networks. It won't combine your internet connections into one fast connection.

2. Yep. Start at step #2 in the pdf you linked too. The guide looks fine to me.

Thank you for your help! I followed the guide and after some minor adjustments we have the controller service up and running

I think I know what you mean by using a USB adapter, but the modem for the second network is in another building across camp. I'm not sure it would reach, and we don't have enough CAT5 to wire both networks together. I noticed a plugin for OMV called mycloud. Do you think that is a good idea that would work?

Thank you once again, you are a lifesaver

• Offizieller Beitrag

You don't want to use owncloud plugin. It isn't being updated.

I don't have any easy solutions if you can't wire them together. And your internet connection is probably too slow for VPN ideas.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The unifi package probably installed apache. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep apache

• ryecoaaron,

I get the following:

ll apache2-mpmprefork 2.2.22-13+deb7u7 amd64 Apache HTTP Server - traditional non-threaded model
    ll apache2-utils 2.2.22-13+deb7u7 amd64 utility programs for webservers
    ll apache2.2-bin 2.2.22-13+deb7u7 amd64 Apache HTTP Server common binary files
    ll apache2.2-common 2.2.22-13+deb7u7 amd64 Apache HTTP Server common files
    ll libapache2-mod-php5 5.4.45-0+deb7u4 amd64 server-side, HTML-embedded scripting language (Apache 2 module)

Thank you again, I wish there was a way I could pay you for your help!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I checked and unifi doesn't seem to use apache. Just follow the steps on this thread to fix.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!