Rsync two HDs root and subfolders in one job

• hello

I would like to rsync a complete HD to another one. Some sort of easy backup.
    So far I am able to create jobs for each folder , but not one job for the entire drive (including all root folders and sub folders.)
    When I am creating such a job it just rsyncs the root without any folders.

I notice a similar Problem with SMB shares, where it is not possible to share a complete hard drive instead of folders. Maybe it is a general issue.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Create a shared folder with / as the path for each drive. Rsync together and make sure recursive is on. There shouldn't be any problems with this.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• that's what I did. doing this it just shares/rsync the root content of each drive without any subfolders.
    now I know that this is not something with rsync.

as a workaround I could move the whole stuff into one top folder and rsync then this.

• Offizieller Beitrag

rsync should recurse the subfolders. I use it all the time. What does the output say when you manually run the rsync job?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• hi

sorry for the late answer, but I have only time at weekend for this. finally I found what was going wrong.

After selecting the harddrive OMV automatically suggests a folder and when it does not exist, OMV creates one.
    I was confused due to the same names and did not see, that this folder was named like the hard drives, but in fact it
    was not the drive but a folder with the same name.
    shit happens.

thank you very much for your help.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!