Update from 32 bit to 64 bit

• Hi,
    Sorry I know this has probably been asked before.....
    I stupidly installed the 32 bit version of 2.1. And it is only using 3.8gb of my 16gb Ram.
    Is there an easy way of moving from 32 to 64 bit? I have only realised after about 6 weeks of using it, so all my shares etc are set up.
    I am still in the very early throws of learning at the moment, and am just getting to grips with the Web GUI!!!!!
    Cheers
    Stuart

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there an easy way of moving from 32 to 64 bit?

Nope. You could install the pae kernel which would allow you to use all of the memory. Just individual processes couldn't access all of the memory.

Personally, I would reinstall using the 64 bit version of OMV 3.x.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Nope. You could install the pae kernel which would allow you to use all of the memory. Just individual processes couldn't access all of the memory.
    Personally, I would reinstall using the 64 bit version of OMV 3.x.

If I do an install with OMV 3.x will it still keep all my raid settings etc?

• Offizieller Beitrag

It should detect the raid array and you would just need to mount it in the filesystems tab. All your data will be on there.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• It should detect the raid array and you would just need to mount it in the filesystems tab. All your data will be on there.

Hi, just wanted to say thanks for the help.
    I have had major issues, and have had to replace my motherboard and processor for some spares (that I should have used in the 1st place). At present I cant put all my hard drives back on, as I don't have enough SATA ports, so am waiting on a new SATA card. I have however got my main drive and one of the RAID arrays set up, and I have installed version 3 of the software (64 bit). My system is now flying thanks!! The migration...all went fine, and as you suggested I have re-set up my permissions, and quite rightly I just had to re-mount the drives!!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Good to hear :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!