Brother Printer Cups

• Hey guys,

Wondering if i could get some assistance please ? Im trying to get my Brother printer setup with CUPS on Openmediavault but cannot seem to get it working. I tried using the generic drivers but no luck. I then tried to set it up using the CUPS WebGui, the Drivers i needed for my Brother HL-1112 was not on the list i went looking around the web trying to find out how to install Drivers into Cups and ended up finding a guide on extracting the PPD file from the Deb which i did but still not working all i have is this and it wont print. The drivers for LInux are here in DEB (Brother Drivers) but i have no idea how to install them into Cups.

• Anyone able to help me with this please ? Can you even install drivers into cups with Openmediavault ? I have been trying to make some progress to see if i can get it work but still no luck.... I have managed to install the DEB files for the printer, I installed the LPR Printer driver first then the CUPSWrapper Printer Driver. Cups is now finding the printer and is showing up...Twice Not sure why i attached a screenshot. But when i try to print it just sit's on "Sending data to printer."

I have also tried using other drivers already on cups of similar specs to the Brother printer i have and it starts to print but all i get is blank white pages...

• Offizieller Beitrag

There aren't a lot of people using printers with OMV. That explains the lack of help. OMV is just Debian. So, any page helping with Debian and CUPS applies to OMV. Unfortunately, it looks like you did everything right. No idea why CUPS isn't working.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Update: Managed to finally get it to work and print after much messing around. Wanted to post what i did to get it all working in case anyone else happens to buy a Brother HL-1112 or 1110 Series Printer.

Firstly Thank you ryecoaaron i decided to search up "Debian Cups Brother Black Page" into google and stumbled on this (Link)

Pre-required Procedure (5)
    Related distributionsDebian 64 bit version, Ubuntu 64 bit versionRelated products/driversprinter/PC-FAX driversRequirement

ia32-libs or lib32stdc++ is required to be installed.
    Im on a 64bit version of openmediavault and needed ia32-libs or lib32stdc++ I installed both not sure if i needed to but i did anyway.
    I also had to use in terminal "mkdir /var/spool/lpd"
    I then went on to use terminal and used "wget" to get the required LPR Print Driver and CUPSwrapper printer driver.
    I then used "dpkg -i --force-all (drivername) " for the LPR DriverFollowed by dpkg -i --force-all (cupswrapper-drivername) CUPSwrapper
    After that just plugged in the printer and CUPS automatically found it and was able to do a test print.....Finally ^^

• Offizieller Beitrag

Glad to hear you got it working :)

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!