Error trying to install ZFS-plugin

• I'm having some trouble trying to install ZFS plugin here are the ERRORS :

I watched this tutorial (even if don't understand a word @4:42) :

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

I see that he has omv-extras installed and he can see ZFS repositories. I also installed the latest version of the omv-extras but I cannot see the zfs repository switches :

I think that maybe the original tutorial of how to install ZFS is outdated and doesn't work for the latests versions of omv.

Can someone help?

Thanks a lot.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The fix for this is in the repo but it is waiting for the next version of OMV 3.x. To fix, click the install backports kernel button in the omv-extras repo tab. This will install the kernel headers which is what you are missing.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• The fix for this is in the repo but it is waiting for the next version of OMV 3.x. To fix, click the install backports kernel button in the omv-extras repo tab. This will install the kernel headers which is what you are missing.

Thanks a lot, it worked!

• Offizieller Beitrag

my version does not have the option to load this kernel? its still missing tho.

Load which kernel? Or are you talking about the headers? The following will install the headers

apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r)

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• @ryecoaaron

Failed

root@openmediavault:/# apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r)
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    E: Unable to locate package linux-headers-4.8.0-0.bpo.2-amd64
    E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'linux-headers-4.8.0-0.bpo.2-amd64'

• Offizieller Beitrag

You need to install the 4.9 kernel since the 4.8 is no longer in the repo.

• I have nearly the same error except with the openmediavault-backup 3.4 plugin.
    Can't get the error box to highlight an entire line to copy/paste but
    at the end it just says "Unable to locate package openmediavault-backup"
    I have tried going to the github page but don't know what i am looking for there.

If this has been addressed I haven't been able to find it, don't know if appropriate to start a new thread.

I am a Win admin trying to get out of M$ plantation and am pretty much Linux illiterate so please be gentle.

I don't know if this is related but when I attempt to install Clonezilla I get a very quick "Please wait"
    then Installing Clonezilla... just sits there. Attempting to reboot to Clonezilla shows "Configuring grub to boot once from Clonezilla iso... 4"
    and just hangs as well.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!