System gets stuck at: [ *** ] A start job is running for LSB: Raise network interfaces.

• Hello folks,

I am running openmediavault on a raspberry pi3 for some time and using it as a TimeCapsule for my MacOS Backups.
    I use it via WLAN only. The system ran just fine for a couple of month.

Hoever since the last reboot the boot-process gets stuck at this point:
    [ *** ] A start job is running for LSB: Raise network interfaces.

After about 2-3min this step will timeout and the OMV will not be assinged an IP adress via DHCP on the WLAN interface.
    However I can still connect via plugging in an ethernet connection and connect to the OMV GUI.

Here I have confirmed multiple times the settings for my WLAN - they are all correct. I can even delete the WLAN entry
    completely and create a new WLAN-connection entry. Once I do so the WLAN interface comes up successfully and can be
    communiated with no problems.

Unfortunatly after a reboot of the system the "[ *** ] A start job is running for LSB: Raise network interfaces." task will
    again fail. No IP/DHCP whatsoever... the above task times out and the system will not be reachable unless rebooting with
    an ethernet cable plugged in.

Does anyone know a solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

Thomas

• Hi there,

is there a way I can test that? I can use omv-firstaid and configure the eth0 interface and login via GUI after that... I can also delete and create a new WLAN entry... I also tried to install all updates from the update manager. Seems to me that the card IS writeable.
    The 'only' problem is that the WLAN interface does obviously not come up during boot or at least gets no DHCP.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!