cannot see Raid 5 Drives

• I have installed a OMV on a HP N36 with a RR 2640 PCI Raid card configured with Raid 5 - This is a 4 x 1 TB drive configuration

The drives do not appear in OMV phyisical drive area with in OMV i cannot see anything accept the 250 GIG OS drive

What could my problem be, is it that OMV has not got the drivers for the Raid card or is there some other silly thing i am missing.

how do i install them i am not a command or terminal window user but i have the Driver CD from High point

• Offizieller Beitrag

You will probably have to update to the backports 3.2 kernel and/or compile your own drivers for that raid card.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• And additionally using a hardware raid does not offer any benefit for you. Using a software raid instead ensures, that you can move the drives to any other linux box and beeing able to read the data on it.

A hardware controller requires that you allways will have that hardware controller to read the data.

As OMV comes with software Raid support out of the box, a hardware raid controller does not really add value here. In terms of common thinking, the OMV NAS is the RAID controller for all the other machines using the storage.

It would be similar to put in a raid controller in a storage array of EMC. You will not find it there, the EMC is basically the raid controller.

Everything is possible, sometimes it requires Google to find out how.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!