Adjusts for Bonding of two Network Cards

• Hello again,

I have mount now two of the Tehuti Network cards.

Both are working well if they run alone. But now I want to bound them.

I have adjust them like the following:

IF-Config:

cat /etc/network/interfaces:

In my managed Switch (Zyxel 1920-12) I adjustet the network Cards like the pictures i added.

It tells me the Port 11 and 12 are Synchronized, but if I want to go over this bounded network, it has time faults while accessing.

In the manual is standing that the Switch supports IEEE 802.3ad standard. The ports have all access to each other.

What am I doing wrong?

• It's a story which ends tomorrow :D after that enaughter person has to kick this OMV :)

But it is running now with 2 seperate IPs and each of the card has its own port.

But it should be a working station in which every Computer has to work on it. If 4 Persons work at the same time I had the hope that i can reach the omv up from zyxel with nearly 40 Gbit/s. so i have no speed reduction and can reach the Server with maximum speed...

Every Computer has now 10Gbit network cards and all cables are now Cat 7.

Now I can reach the Server with more than one Computer with "only" 20 Gbit/s (4 Computer each max with 5 Gbit/s or more when fewer Persons up to 10Gbit/s)

I hope someone has an answer.

• Disconnect/disable eth0, or configure it to not have an IP address. There's a fairly good chance your traffic is going into your bond0 interface but going back out eth0. If eth0 isn't on the same switch as eth1/eth2, that can generate ALL sorts of funky problems.

I'm not sure why you think you're going to get more than 20Gbit/sec aggregate over a pair of 10GigE links, either; maybe I misunderstood?

• I'm trying to bound them so i can put inside 4x 10Gbit/s Ports. But first it has to work with 2 Network cards to test the bounded function.

Best regards.

• Hi

Don't try to play wit Zyxel Routers if you want to reach a working interface bonding. Use a higher level of Router/Firewall like Juniper or Cisco. It works better even with a Pfsense.

BR Josh

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!