Restore OMV + Snapraid + Greyhole

• Hello,

my OMV system drive crashed. I want to install OMV on a new drive and hope i can restore all my data. I'vent a backup of the system drive.

My OMV configuration was based on snapraid with greyhole on three hard drives.

I have seen, that snap raid is easy to reconnect, but i'm a little bit scared of configuring greyhole.

How can i restore the greyhole configuration? Where i can find the Name of the greyhole pool?
    Can someone describe the structure of the important greyhole files?

I hope someone can help me.

Thank you.

Best regards
    Oliver

• Offizieller Beitrag

Unfortunately, the greyhole configuration file (/etc/greyhole.conf) and the OMV configuration file (/etc/openmediavault/config.xml) are on the OS drive. So, you won't be able to find most of the info you are looking for. The developer of greyhole is very helpful though. Maybe he can help you more.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi gents,

What are the chances that I can recover my data after I lost my OS drive. I was using SnapRaid and I see directories listed when I mount the data drives but can I 'restore' my SnapRaid?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!