OMV Pi3, No longer able to connect to it for some strange reason.

• Hey all,

So I just encountered a strange issue.

Today i tried to access my NAS I made using an RPi 3B and a hard drive. It worked just about flawlessly once i got the SMB setup and all that.

Today I tried getting into it again and something odd has occurred.

Its acting like its not even connecting to the router, and just a moment ago it wasnt connecting at all. I was using a Static for the duration of everything.

Now at some point we did have a power outage if that helps anything (yes its on a surge), but I cant say anything else has occurred to the device since then and its been turned on and off a few times.

My problem is that I'm pretty weak in terms of how to run a Debian CLI and typically just use GUIs. However: The Web GUI isnt even loading. No device can connect to this NAS. I swapped out the cable and its not that. The Router seems fine as far as I can tell and no major changes have been made to it recently.

Thats whats odd: Nothing seems to have changed between when it last worked and now other than a few power cycles occurring.

I managed to find a way to switch it back to DHCP, that allowed me to find it in my routers Client Table again. However i still cannot access it through the WebGui

other things that seem notable is in the initial bootup process there's a 90s delay occurring that has "a start job started by dev-disk-by.." etc etc that wasnt present before.

Also: I tried to do a simple "ping 192.169.1.1" now I'm not sure if its as simple as that like in windows but when I do attempt it I just get a "Connect: Network is unreachable" as a return.

I'm completely stumped, any help would be appreciated to get this little NAS back online.

• Hi

For the First is very helpful for us all when you show a few Screenshots or error messages.
    I think Maybe you have a IP conflict or your router cant manage the IP that was dedicated.

Please log in to the terminal and run the command

cat /etc/network/interfaces 

Please log in to the terminal and execute the command
    Cat / etc / network / interfaces
    And post the output

• It outputs as the following:

# The loopback netowrk interface
    auto lo
    iface lo inet loopback

#eth0 network interface
    auto eth0
    allow-hotplug eth0
    iface eth0 inet static
      address 192.168.1.200
      netmask 255.255.255.252
    iface eth0 inet6 manual
    pre-down ip -6 addr flush dev $IFACE

Since I dont know of a way to Copy/Paste from the CLI to my PC (since there seems to be no way to connect to this thing remotely and the sort) everything I type as an output will be done by hand so apologies if I make a typo

• If you use Putty .. Keep the left mouse button pressed and mark the position you want to copy. The passage or the line is copied automatically to the clipboard ... afterwards simply paste

I cant access the server at all remotely. The Web GUI is down, cant detect it in windows apart from computers that already connected once and its just windows remembering the path but it cannot connect to them. I have to do this the old fashion way here

iface eth0 inet static ???

Yeah, my bad. i meant eth0 thought i fixed it in a edit but it didnt go through

• thats the output from my SuperServer

# The loopback network interface
    auto lo
    iface lo inet loopback

# eth0 network interface
    auto eth0
    allow-hotplug eth0
    iface eth0 inet static
      address 192.168.2.200
    gateway 192.168.2.1
      netmask 255.255.255.0
    dns-nameservers 192.168.2.1
    iface eth0 inet6 manual
      pre-down ip -6 addr flush dev $IFACE

check if Gateway and dns-nameserver are setted

• How does one go about checking the Gateway and DNS-Nameserver.

Edit: Attempting to set my default gateway to 192.168.1.1 resulted in a "network is unreachable"

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!