Strange prob / files mixed in shares

• Ok not sure how this is possible, but maybe you guys can help me out. I've been shuffling data all over the place to make way for new disks. I had every all set and looking good then I noticed 4 of my 6 shares have the / contents mixed into the share! I see this via rsync jobs,SMB, and NFS. This is via authenticated users or guest. The fstab looks normal to me, and I don't see a diff between the shares that have the / files compared to the ones that don't!

Any idea how this is possible?

• Did you check your shares via ssh if they have the rootfs placed within it for real? maybe you did mistakenly copy it to your share.

check /media/harddriveviaUUID/sharedfolder/

greets
    david

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Ok you're right, when looking at the shares via SSH I see the / contents in the mix! What baffles me is I created the shares and moved the data within the web GUI. Share creation in usual spot, data moved via rsync job in the web gui. It does indeed seem to be a copy and not some kind of symbolic link. Deleting a folder in one share didn't remove it from another, or from the /.

Guess I'll manually clean it up!

Thanks David!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!