Bitlocker HDD to OMV

• Hello,

My goal is to have reasonable backup (therefore Rsync) for my "OMV Data HDD". I have decided to build second OMV - Virtual on my PC to have OMV control over Rsync etc... ( instead of faffing around with cygwinm in windows, which I couldn't make work).
    My second HDD with similar data as "OMV Data HDD" is BitLocker encrypted. Similar - copy one or the other way, small discrepancies (about 2-3TB of data)...

Anyway,
    Did anyone used Dislocker? Would you recommend to use it for this kind of solution (to connect bit-locked hdd to linux, if possible in OMV)?
    Or would you recommend maybe de-crypt HDD, connect it to my Virtual OMV (or some linux) and use dm-crypt to encrypt it without data loss? On the end I would like to have HDD with luks encrypted on my Virtual OMV, or some way encrypted...

... Having second look now on the ideas and a little google - dm-crypt is not luks compatible/is different... Anyway, solution I see now is that I have to wipe hdd and start from scratch.
    Meantime I'll cleanup, backup.. and wait for you guys maybe have someone better idea.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von houndhunger () aus folgendem Grund: To make more sense of it, better explanation.

• After a lot of thinking, I can´t find a reason to use MS Bitlocker on non-MS OS.
    Can you help me out? Thanks

--
    Get a Rose Tattoo...

HP t5740 with Expansion and USB3, Inateck Case w/ 3TB WD-Green
    OMV 5.5.23-1 Usul i386|4.19.0-9-686-pae

• The reason not to start from scratch is loosing one of three copies of my precious Data for a while. Which is kind of edge situation but acceptable and kind of what I do when I'm updating one.
    Another thought dm-crypt-ing it could take about the same time as new copy...

It is just that the origin of data is on this Bit-locked HDD. Any else copy is just copy with possible discrepancies (funny dates, problem with ownership files rules - overwrites...) , which I have to fix/catch to single one before procedure...

BTW - cause my setup - The "OMV Data HDD" and copying data back to my discussed HDD would take three days or more...

This is perfect time to set this right finally, and be happy to use Rsync.

For now my conclusion is: To use known procedure (luks as part of OMV setup) and start from scratch because I'm not familiar with other procedures (dm-crypt).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!