no connection between omv and w10/w7/android + no e-mail notification possible

• Hello,
    I just installed my new NAS Hardware (ASROCK J4205; 8GB RAM; m2toUSB for system; 2x 10GB WD RED for Data).
    OMV was choosen because of the active forum, which I now need (unluckily) within the first days.

I installed omv with the help of the "how to" video (https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/videos) and the guidance of technikaffe (http://www.technikaffe.de/anle…iavault_inkl._wake_on_lan).
    Due to the issue of debian 8 I had to use the backport kernel 4.9 for my cpu-speed, which I did at first while my first login via ssh.
    After that I continued the guidance:
    - the omv gets the IP via DHCP (set a fix IP in my router)
    - installed all possible updates via omv web interface (omv 3.0.88)
    - installed the extensions I need (USB-Backup; UPS-Tools; Anti-Virus; Auto-Shutdown )
    - installed the omv-extra extensions
    - tried to configure the notifications => it was not possible to let omv send me a notification email - skipped at first
    - installed the two hard-drives to build up the raid
    - build up a raid 1 with my two hard drives
    - set up a brts file system
    - configured SMART
    - configured hard drive powermanagement
    - configured auto-shutdown
    - configured smb/cifs like in the guidance of technikaffe.

Unluckily the omv was not shown up at w7/w10 within the private networks settings and even the try to look up for the shares via IP (\\192.168.69.50) was rejected, the same as the try to connect the share (with input of the correct user-name and password).
    Ping inbetween the w7/w10 maschines and the omv are possible, login via ssh and scp are possible, too.
    I tried to set up and ftp-connection without any success.
    I deactivated the firewall in windows and the anti-virus on the omv without any success.
    I updated the kernel to 4.12 without any affect to this issue.
    I set the log-mode to debug in the smb-config, but no log-file is created, thus no connection is established.

I do not know, if there is a link between the problems about the notification and the refuse of connection between android phone (with filecommander)/W10/W7 and omv.
    Did I made any (big) mistake with my configuration? - I think I will have to reinstall omv, but first of all I want to know what is wrong with my actuall configuration.

best regards
    Björn

Here are some configs and outputs: Do you need anything else?

My Samba-Config-File:

Further outputs:

ps aux |grep smb
    root 19872 0.0 0.0 12752 2240 pts/0 R+ 01:02 0:00 grep smb

systemctl status nmbd
    ● nmbd.service - LSB: start Samba NetBIOS nameserver (nmbd)
    Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/nmbd)
    Active: active (exited) since Mo 2017-09-18 00:07:37 CEST; 55min ago
    Process: 16024 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/nmbd start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Sep 18 00:07:37 bjorn nmbd[16024]: Starting NetBIOS name server: nmbd
    Sep 18 00:07:37 bjoern nmbd[16024]: Warning: Fake start-stop-daemon called, ...g.
    Sep 18 00:07:37 bjoern systemd[1]: Started LSB: start Samba NetBIOS nameserv...).
    Sep 18 00:07:37 bjoern nmbd[16024]: .
    Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.

• Offizieller Beitrag

In the user tab, change the password for the bjoern user to same password it is currently and let me know if that fixes it.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• unluckily it does not.
    I tried it twice, even to another very simple password.

After several other tries I found the solution for my smb/cifs issue:
    I had to replaced the FAKE start-stop-daemon with the REAL one:
    mv /sbin/start-stop-daemon.REAL /sbin/start-stop-daemon

The omv is not shown in the network list, but I am able to establish a connection with my shares.

So the next thing to investigate is the issue with the notifications.

Björn

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!