[HELP!!] Can't boot my OMV3, Please HELP me! "can't request region for resource"

• PLEASE HELP ME!!!

I have use OMV3 for couple of days, 3 DISK is configured into a RAID5 array, software RAID5 with OMV3.
    BUT, today I can't boot by OMV3.
    after boot menu, there is nothing in the display, says NO SIGNAL.
    In my OMV3, I installed some plugins, such Downloader, Deluge, Autoshutdown, All plugin is official.
    So, if I can repair the boot, How can I boot it and read my files?
    if can't, Can I reinstall the OMV3 system, and How can I restore my RAID5 array and copy data out?

So, Rapair the OMV3 sustem? Or reinstall the OMV3 and repair my RAID5 array?

The data is very very very very IMPORTENT!!!

PLEASE HELP ME!!!
    thank you !!
    thank you very much!!

The booting screan is as below.

Just before broken, the booting info says 'can't request region for resource'. What does it means?

First is the BIOS info display...

Then show the booting disk, is install in a pcie to sata card.

Then is the booting menu...

Then is in Booting, But when goes to here, there is nothing after, the display is no signal....

Before shutdown, I upgrade the system by web gui, so the 'can't request region for resource' is relate to the system update??

Maybe is diskpay driver error, so how can i repair it if the system can't booting now?

• Device descriptor read error is usually when one ext partition is damaged.

I don't think so, the disk is new SSD. may be the update has do some damage to my omv system.
    Anyway, How can I resotre my data in RAID5, can I rebuild the RAID array in a new installed OMV3, and copy files out? I can reinstall the OMV33 system again, but will the new system idente my old raid5 array?

• Offizieller Beitrag

The region error is really the problem (which will probably prevent a reinstall from working). Read this - https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1394912

Looks like a combination of kernel bug/bios bug/bios setting issue. I would update the bios and check the bios settings to see if a different setting works.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!