Can't access OMV after reboot from WEB i/f...

• Hi all,

I am new here and new to OMV.

I am having the same issue as Tom (tisb0b) in his topic "Can't access OMV after a failed restart from web interface" and I solved my "problem" by doing what davidh2k wrote "and try the following {dhclient eth}" but no reason for this to happen was discussed for this I opened this "new" topic with the question:

Why this happens?
    Is this a normal behaviour?
    What can I do to prevent?

As this is my first try I am not using the final hardware (need case + hard drives), but my "test" setup is:

Intel Atom D510 CPU (1.66GHz)
    2GB RAM
    Boot Drive = 20Gb SSD
    Data Drive = 130GB SSD
    OMV version = 0.4.32
    Linux = 2.6.32-5-amd64

Main purpose to replace old HP NAS for sharing Music and Photos on our home LAN having a mixture of Windows, OS X, Android and SMART TVs.

I had configured the interface to 192.168.1.10 and DNS as 192.168.1.100 / 8.8.8.8

Cheers Steen

CPU Atom D510, 2MB RAM, SSD 40GB (OS), SSD 120GB (Data), OMV 0.5.8 (Sardaukar) + Plex Media Server

• Did this happen again after you fixed it? Lots of things can go wrong with computers. We cannot know the reason all the time. Things that can cause stuff like this are a bad shutdown, power, brown outs, etc....

Is the dns server your router ip?

• Hi tekkbebe,

It happened twice, the first time I was not aware of what could be the reason, so I re-installed OMV :o( then when it happened a gain I started to search this forum.

Yes, the x.x.x.100 is my router...

For hardware failures mentioned, I think not - its a new motherboard just before for standalone FW and then to test Windows 8. Before OMV I had FreeNAS, NAS4Free installed for a week, before I started to test OMV as I found OMV better for my purpose.

BR// Steen

CPU Atom D510, 2MB RAM, SSD 40GB (OS), SSD 120GB (Data), OMV 0.5.8 (Sardaukar) + Plex Media Server

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!