NVME and ZFS question

• What's up guys? 3 year OMV user. Absolutely love it! Anyways, I just ordered and received 32GB more DDR4 to go with the 64GB that I currently have. Also, I ordered 2x 512GB Intel 660p drives. Added those via PCI-E to a Supermicro x10dri board. One of the SSDs is setup as my boot drive, and I'm trying to decide what to do with the second one. I was thinking about using it to run my VMs, but I don't really have many VMs. I can run them on the boot drive if necessary. I usually only run one Windows VM. Normal ZFS array is 4x8TB 7200rpm disks in raidz configuration. Hoping to upgrade to 10TB sometime soon. My question is, would it be beneficial to setup L2ARC on the second NVME? Should I use the entire disk for L2ARC if so? Mostly the server is used for Plex, and some linux iso sharing ;). Also, I run some web apps from docker containers. I think only one of them uses databases. Nextcloud. Figure this should go on one of the SSDs. Anyways, please give me some input on how I should configure this. I don't really know much about ZFS caching and what not. Any input would be appreciated. OMV devs, thanks for the amazing work! Love it!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!