Intel QuickSync setup help

• Hello,
    I have this processor installed in my NAS:
    https://ark.intel.com/content/…or-3m-cache-2-90-ghz.html

I have tried unsuccessfully to turn on hardware transcoding (QuickSync) from within OMV.
    The command gives an erorr, and I am not sure how to overcome:
    sudo modprobe i915
    libkmod: ERROR ../libkmod/libkmod-config.c:635 kmod_config_parse: /etc/modprobe.d/quicksync.conf line 1: ignoring bad line starting with 'install'

Can someone help?

• when I run vainfo, after installing the items above I am getting this error:
    ~# vainfo
    error: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set in the environment.
    error: can't connect to X server!
    libva info: VA-API version 0.39.4
    libva info: va_getDriverName() returns -1
    libva error: va_getDriverName() failed with unknown libva error,driver_name=(null)
    vaInitialize failed with error code -1 (unknown libva error),exit

• I installed the 'intel-gpu-tools' package.
    When I run the 'intel_gpu_top' command, I get a "Couldn't Find Intel Graphics Card"
    Assuming this just isn't going to work. Thanks for the help.

• I installed the 'intel-gpu-tools' package.
    When I run the 'intel_gpu_top' command, I get a "Couldn't Find Intel Graphics Card"
    Assuming this just isn't going to work. Thanks for the help.

Did you ever find a solution to this? I am running into the same issue trying to get hardware transcoding going.

I think X server is something to do with the screen (when attached) so could the issue be because of OMV being headless? Just a thought

• ... so could the issue be because of OMV being headless? Just a thought

No, for me it's working on a headless system.

As mentioned above you need to find the driver for your system and install it. For me it was

Code
    apt-get install vainfo, libva-dev, i965-va-driver

Then you check with

Code
    vainfo

if the driver is working in the base system. It should spit out something like:

Code
    Supported profile and entrypoints
          VAProfileMPEG2Simple            : VAEntrypointVLD
          VAProfileMPEG2Main              : VAEntrypointVLD
          VAProfileH264ConstrainedBaseline: VAEntrypointVLD

If it's still not working you can try to test vaapi inside your emby docker. First open a shell in the docker container with (adapt container name):

Code
    docker exec -it embyServer4.2.1.0 sh

now you can execute commands like ffmpeg and hence try to encode a movie (adapt pathes and filenames):

Code
    /bin/ffmpeg -vaapi_device /dev/dri/renderD128 -i "/path/to/testmovie.avi" -vf 'format=nv12,hwupload' -c:v h264_vaapi "/path/to/testoutput.avi"

If this works but still emby has problems you should ask on the emby forum.

• Thanks but I already had

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!