Finder crash when SMB config changed while share mounted

• Using OS X 10.8.4 and having an issue that pretty much takes the whole system down. If I am mounted to an SMB share and via the webgui the SMB service is modified/restarted, Finder will crash and not restart properly making the system somewhat unresponsive. After this happens I have to do a hard reset as keyboard shortcuts, restart from menu bar, nor command line restart has any effect on the system.

I have a snippet from syslog on the OS X machine but not sure what is pertinent to OMV. I see nothing in OMV logs when this happens:

If I unmount the share and then make changes to SMB and remount everything is fine. It's only while mounted and changes are made to the server that the crash happens.

• Google told me that this is a common error on Mountain Lion.

"CGXGetConnectionProperty: Invalid connection" WindowServer is just missing the GUI, in this case the Finder, because it abruptly terminated.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Weird, I only see this behaviour when the service is restarted on my omv box while mounted, not with Windows or OS X SMB shares.

I manage a media mac lab that just moved to ML this summer and stores data on Windows SMB shares. :shock: It's bad enough dealing with software developed without consideration of multi-user environments.

• Well, it is a Mountain Lion problem and not an OMV problem. So if you maybe want to contact Apple for Support.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!