[SOLVED] FTP cancels download

• I don't know
    How can we check this ?

The server is an HP ML310e v2 with the standart Dualport gigabit LAN NIC

• Do you have another nic you can throw in that machine??? This is so crazy. I never seen it. What routers and switches are you using??

Setup a FTP server on a Windows machine. Test it so we can tell whether the issue is your server or something in your network setup.

• Sorry i have no other NIC.

I amn using:
    router: Speedport W723V
    switch: HP Procurve 1810-24G (webmanaged)
    Server: HP ML310e

• Setup a FTP server on a Windows machine. Test it so we can tell whether the issue is your server or something in your network setup.

On your OMV FTP server did you test connections outside your LAN and on your LAN. Do you have the disconnect from local and remote connections?

• I dont think that the network is the problem.
    otherwise i could not write to you.
    Or do i think wrong ?

Yes i tried the FTP connection from the outside.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Ego ()

• Yes thats correct

One question. Is it correct, to give every single client in the LAN, the gateway adress from my router?

• Yes i changed the DHCP IP from my Server and all clients in the LAN to static IP's

There are some parts in germany, if you need an translation, i'll try it

• You changed to static ip??? You need to set primary and secondary dns server. In OMV web-gui

system/network/ then on right dns server TAB

put in ip of you router for primary

put in 8.8.8.8 for secondary ( this is one of google's dns server ip address)

• Did it, but nothing changed

I also have an static IP in WAN over No-ip.com (have it for more that 2 months now) could that be an problem ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

or

ping -c 4 8.8.8.8

where 4 is the number of times it pings :)

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• should be ok for both of you guy's :D

• Damn :shock:

I translated the german parts

• DNS not working.... hmmm. Your server can reach the internet. This is obvious. But if you are using a name like http://www.yahoo.com, instead of an address, it is not reaching a name server to get the number address.

Do you have more then one subnet on your LAN? Tell me how you have your networking stuff hooked up behind your router.

Ich kann Deutsch lesen...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!