help with AUFS

• Merry Christmas as first words.
    After a very big lunch I had the bad idea to pool my two ext4 drives with aufs but without success.
    I installed aufs-tools with apt-get and i'm running on 3.2 backported kernel.
    When i try to mount the array i get this error:

mount -t aufs none /media/aufs_dir -o udba=reval,br=/media/first_mounted_disk=rw:/media/second_mounted_disk=rw
    /sbin/mount.aufs:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device

I looked a bit with google and seems that the version of aufs mismatch the kernel ones, i think this version of aufs is the number 2 and the kernel 3.2 requires the version aufs3
    Any idea for install the aufs3 and continue running the updated kernel?

• Offizieller Beitrag

You have to use Debian Wheezy's aufs-tools if you are using the backports kernel. I put them in the beta repo for when the plugin is finished. The plugin will install these and they seem to working ok with squeeze.

The plugin is about 95% done. I just have to add error checking and probably will have to add fstab and samba options.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

You have to use Debian Wheezy's aufs-tools if you are using the backports kernel. I put them in the beta repo for when the plugin is finished. The plugin will install these and they seem to working ok with squeeze.

The plugin is about 95% done. I just have to add error checking and probably will have to add fstab and samba options.

yeah i solved and i have succesfully mounted the aufs pool :)
    hope to see soon the plugin for manage the share through the nice webgui. Thanks for your hard work!!!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!