Failed to get filesystems

• Hi there,

since a reboot of my NAS (still on OMV0.4) a few days ago, I always get the following message while trying to access the Storage - Filesystems page on the webgui:

I've been digging hours this evening to find the reason why this happens - but found nothing.

I already checked /etc/openmediavault/config.xml for wrong uuid, checked fstab, the mountpoint and a lot more...
    What I found out is, there is no OMVFilesystems.inc on my system that is tried to be used ( .get() ) at /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc:106 what throws this exception. The to be filled variable $objects stays empty - as a consequence there is no resultlist....

The most interesting thing is: accessing and configuring already existing shares works like a charm. Creating new ones fails regarding the missing filesystem.

Am I digging in the wrong place?
    Any hint or solution would be greatly appreciated!

Greedings,
    capa

• Please give us a screenshot of your gui in the filesystems section, your full /etc/openmediavault/conf.xml and the output of df -h and blkid.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Screenshot with the error message:

cat of /etc/openmediavault/conf.xml:

and the output of df -h

Code
    Dateisystem           Size  Used Avail Use% Eingehängt auf
    /dev/sde1             106G   13G   88G  13% /
    tmpfs                 7,8G     0  7,8G   0% /lib/init/rw
    udev                  7,8G  140K  7,8G   1% /dev
    tmpfs                 7,8G     0  7,8G   0% /dev/shm
    /dev/md127            8,1T  2,7T  5,1T  35% /media/c3edf8f6-cd54-4538-b819-622d71d33c74

and blkid - i get more an more confused... seems like my installation got messed up... there is no instance of blkid or lsblk installed though it should be (i.e. that e2fsprogs and util-linux and even libblkid1 are installed)

O.o

But, well..., the device id is set well at any appearance.
    any ideas? If not, im gonna save/backup my data on an external hdd and reinstall everything.

• Code
    blkid

is another command you should just execute on the cli ;)

But I would suggest you to reinstall omv via apt (configurations will be kept)

Code
    apt-get update --reinstall install openmediavault

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Hey David,

I know about blkid. The program simply is not present. I couldn't even find the binary on the whole system disk.
    But thanks for the reinstall tip. I would have wiped the system otherwise... :roll:

*EDIT*
    sadly a reinstall didn't solve the problem :,-(

So thanks again ;)

• ...blkid is missing? Thats weird as it should be on your system...

Guessing from the size of your OS disk I doubt that it is any flash storage (execpt an SSD) ? That would suggest that your drive may dying. Could you check your smart data if the drive is dying?

Greetings
    David

• Well now I raise my head to you.

I heaven't thought about that. In the last six months it happened three times, that the system simply hung up.
    After a reboot I had to manually repair the system disk. I didn't want to believe that the disk may be dying...

Ill take a look at the smart states and give a short report later, when I'm done.

Thanks a lot!

*EDIT

smartctl itself doesn't report any failures. Though there are some values that make hesitate..:

Those values are:

Code
    7 Seek_Error_Rate         0x000f   061   060   030    Pre-fail  Always       -       1499349269461
    195 Hardware_ECC_Recovered  0x0012   072   057   000    Old_age   Always       -       149254021

And I'm not quite sure about the temperature:

Code
    190 Airflow_Temperature_Cel 0x0022   070   035   045    Old_age   Always   In_the_past 30 (3 188 32 23)

Anyways... my system seems to be messed up for what ever reason :-[

*EDIT2

But I got blkid back (obviously through that reinstall....?) :

Code
    /dev/sda: UUID="a619d04f-0142-f5ee-fa57-c2e4485cd1d7" LABEL="nas:raid5" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/sdd: UUID="a619d04f-0142-f5ee-fa57-c2e4485cd1d7" LABEL="nas:raid5" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/sdc: UUID="a619d04f-0142-f5ee-fa57-c2e4485cd1d7" LABEL="nas:raid5" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/sde1: UUID="7a8f8862-fc41-431f-a04d-2717715e3e2a" TYPE="ext4"
    /dev/sde5: UUID="6a60f7b9-0805-446d-a485-0db5acb50f54" TYPE="swap"
    /dev/md127: LABEL="datengrab" UUID="c3edf8f6-cd54-4538-b819-622d71d33c74" TYPE="ext4"
    /dev/sdb: UUID="a619d04f-0142-f5ee-fa57-c2e4485cd1d7" LABEL="nas:raid5" TYPE="linux_raid_member"

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!