Samaba set up issues

• Hey all,

I've been having some very odd experiences with omv. I've re installed it a few times and each time it behaves differently with setting up samba and ssh. Sometimes I have to make firewall changes and other times I have to update samba to get a connection working. But at the end of it I haven't managed to get anything to actually show in my windows machine other than the users home folder (which i cant access and I thought was disabled).

I have set up my shares in ARM, and a user, and added Privileges to see two folders (film and tv, original eh?).

I then enable Samba, with the same workgroup name as my windows pc, browseable and the attempt to become master thing ticked.
    The shares are there, and public, and browsable for both.

The services menu shows Samba is on, and the service is green (it was red at first, I restarted it from ssh)

I can see the folder in /media/uuid/films and tv, and ls -la shows in folder above shows this:

drwxrwsr-x+ 3 root users 4096 Jan 23 19:42 films
    drwx------ 2 root root 16384 Jan 23 17:29 lost+found

films was created by the omv gui, ive tried to do as little as possible from the shell..

I've rebooted as well (both PC and server), I can log on by going to \\hostname on both the PC in the workgroup, and on a windows PC not on the workgroup.

Am I missing something?

• Please update to the latest Version of OpenMeidaVault and then setup your shares again. You will then see that a yellow box appears that asks you to apply your changes. In your version there is only a little green button which can be overseen.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• So whilst the gui is showing what I have set up.. none of it has been applied (is that so even after a reboot?).

I found the little green button, I'm hoping it's a little more obvious in the newer version though, thanks :)

• Its a big yellow box above the right frame. Impossible to oversee that thing.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!